Yankees- Is it a sin to root for them?

Because I think it is. :smiley:

[quote=SwordofLight]Because I think it is. :smiley:
[/quote]

Since, according to Theo Epstein, they’re the “Evil Empire”, and it’s a sin to support evil, I might have to agree with you. (Theo Epstein’s words have a lot of credibility. Anyone that can become GM of a major league team at the age of 28 automatically has credibility with me.)

Go ASTROS!!!

Theo didn’t call them the Evil Empire, Lucchino did.

Either way, GO SOX

Well, speaking as a born and bred Baltimorean, I’d have to agree that rooting for the Yankees would at least be a venial sin!

Yes. The love of money is the root of all evil. The Yankee’s talent is rooted in money. Therefore, the Yankees are evil. (or something like that)

[quote=lizziebeth730]Theo didn’t call them the Evil Empire, Lucchino did.

Either way, GO SOX
[/quote]

Whoever said it, it’s the truth.

Absolutely (of course, I will admit to having a bias):wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

ALL POWER TO RED SOX NATION!:clapping:

Look folks,

All I can I say is that the Yankees are hated generally because they win the world series. (They have 26 world championships to show for it.) They are a very talented team, but I don’t think the Yankees will pull it off against this Red Sox team.

I get a lot stuff in Ohio for rooting for Michigan!

Padre Pio “Don’t worry, work and pray.”

Go Yankees!!! Beat Boston!!! :smiley: :clapping: :dancing:

Oh, and the Angels are pretty cool too:thumbsup: :angel1:

It is your holy religious obligation to root for Michigan (go Blue!) and for the New York Yankees.

Babe, Bucky, Buckner, Boone, Bambino, Baseball! God bless the Yankees! IHS Daryl

Come-on Pedro!
rest of the series:

sox - NY - NY - sox - sox - **SOX **(in extra innings, come from behind)

[quote=bones_IV]Look folks,

All I can I say is that the Yankees are hated generally because they win the world series. (They have 26 world championships to show for it.)
[/quote]

That is not my reason. My reason is that the win by throwing the most money at the best players. In that sense they are a true American team. Enough money can buy anything. I like seeing the teams with the smaller payroll win because it is the only truly Christ-like way to watch baseball. “Blessed are the poor.” Jesus is not a Yankees fan.

If they want to enter the kingdom of God, they should trade all that they have to the poorer teams. WWJRF (Who would Jesus root for)

[quote=pnewton]That is not my reason. My reason is that the win by throwing the most money at the best players. In that sense they are a true American team. Enough money can buy anything. I like seeing the teams with the smaller payroll win because it is the only truly Christ-like way to watch baseball. “Blessed are the poor.” Jesus is not a Yankees fan.

If they want to enter the kingdom of God, they should trade all that they have to the poorer teams. WWJRF (Who would Jesus root for)
[/quote]

This should be another thread: What are the sacred mystical and Christian underpinnings of the “divine” game?

[quote=pnewton]That is not my reason. My reason is that the win by throwing the most money at the best players. In that sense they are a true American team. Enough money can buy anything. I like seeing the teams with the smaller payroll win because it is the only truly Christ-like way to watch baseball. “Blessed are the poor.” Jesus is not a Yankees fan.

[/quote]

I think the Red Sox fall into the category of the “rich”. The Brewers must be heavens favorite team. Look at the team payrolls.

asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2004

[quote=Steve M]I think the Red Sox fall into the category of the “rich”. The Brewers must be heavens favorite team. Look at the team payrolls.

asp.usatoday.com/sports/baseball/salaries/totalpayroll.aspx?year=2004
[/quote]

Thanks for the link. Payrolls in baseball range from 25M to 187M. I like my home town team (Astros at 74M), but this is one reason I am not a baseball fan in general.

[quote=lizziebeth730]Either way, GO SOX
[/quote]

YES … YES … YES
GO **WHITE **SOX

[quote=pnewton]Thanks for the link. Payrolls in baseball range from 25M to 187M. I like my home town team (Astros at 74M), but this is one reason I am not a baseball fan in general.
[/quote]

I am a fan, and I have season tickets. I’m sick because during their great run I’m stuck in Oklahoma.

Go Yanks :thumbsup:
After the third inning tonight Pedro will undoubtedly look like this :eek:

[quote=Go Irish]Go Yanks :thumbsup:
After the third inning tonight Pedro will undoubtedly look like this :eek:
[/quote]

Schilling said if he feel like he did last night, he will not pitch again in this series, so it look good for the Empire.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.