Year of Faith

05 days, 16 hours, 08 minutes and 34 seconds

(well less now!)

annusfidei.va/content/novaevangelizatio/en.html

I thought every year was a year of faith (well, since the Church was founded).:confused:

Yes of course …every day is a one for faith.

The Church has particular “years” to focus in on particular Truths etc

I’m very excited about this myself. I believe wonderful things will happen within Holy Mother Church during this Year of Faith!

A fantastic resource (from another RC forum):

For this Year of Faith, Pope Benedict has encouraged you to study and reflect on the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Well, here’s an easy way to do it. Simply enter your email address and - starting October 11, 2012 - you’ll start getting a little bit of the Catechism emailed to you every morning. Read that little bit every day and you’ll read the whole catechism in a year. Cool, right?

flocknote.com/catechism

This Year of Faith is to mark the 50th anniversary of the Second Vatican Council which opened on 11th October 1962 and the 20th anniversary of the Catechism of the Catholic Church in 1992 (the year I was born incidentally).

With his Apostolic Letter of October 11, 2011,Porta Fidei. . . , Pope Benedict XVI declared that a “Year of Faith” will begin on October 11, 2012 and conclude on November 24, 2013. October 11, 2012, the first day of the Year of Faith, is the fiftieth anniversary of the opening of the Second Vatican Council. . . (Vatican II) and also the twentieth anniversary of the Catechism of the Catholic Church. During the Year of Faith, Catholics are asked to study and reflect on the documents of Vatican II and the catechism so that they may deepen their knowledge of the faith.

Read more here: usccb.org/beliefs-and-teachings/how-we-teach/new-evangelization/year-of-faith/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.