Yet another anti-Catholic website...

Facebook page “Roman Catholicism is Apostate”…sigh.

Facebook is not a holy place. Why worry?

MJ

It’s really quite amazing that someone believes it glorifies God in any way to attack the heartfelt spiritual beliefs and ideals of others.

“I hate religion X” websites are always cut from the same cloth.

Agree with you 100%

Yes, and in a strange way, for example, one reason why I believe in the Catholic Church so strongly is because almost all groups “of the World” seem to be opposed to it, some very outspokenly so!

report it. I think Facebook has a policy against stuff like this. what a way to reach others, call them apostate on a place where set up for friends to connect. don’t let this stupid neanderthal thinking bother you.

I agree with you. :slight_smile:

hope19

There’s some gross stuff on facebook. I’ve tried to report some truly blasphemous pages and photos. Facebook never took them down. Even if they blatantly contradict their simplistic rules of what should not be there.

We have to deal with the sad reality that the world will mock Christ and His Church. And that, too, is part of our glory. For no servant is greater than his Master. If the persecuted, mocked, and insulted Him, what have we to complain about, who truly deserve this and much more for our grave sins?

Facebook’s policy isn’t worth the powder to blow it to hell. You can say and post all the racist, sexist, blasphemous and hateful stuff you want on it. They don’t care. If you complain, you get a canned message within 5 minutes saying that they examined your complaint and it is not violating their policy. They then say if you make your complaint specific to one post/comment/photo they will evaluate it more thoroughly. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Personally, I get a kick out of how seriously lacking in knowledge they are about us. They had one photo of a statue of St. Jude, and everybody was asking “Why is Jesus holding a picture of himself?” :smiley:

Whats “facebook”?:slight_smile:

The biggest royal waste of time since the dawn of the computer age.:cool:
…and thanks guys for not linking it.

It isn’t just Facebook.

Thinking outloud: I wonder if anyone has ever trademarked the phrase " The tyranny of the Internet"? If nobody has, I might go for it. :cool:

LOL, I take it that one will not find you on facebook then. :smiley:

Me too! :thumbsup:

Sadly, it is not that uncommon to see Catholics on CAF doing exactly that.

Well, the Internet certainly leaves much to be desired, but I don’t think it’s fair to single out Caholics or a particular website.

Wouldn't worry about it, probably some kid in his bedroom with a pc, who's just discovered Calvin

I saw that page on FB and I reported it but to no avail. In fact I too have reported countless antiChristian/antiCatholic pages but it has just been a waste of time. The best thing is to just ignore them especially as I suspect the people who make the pages actually want the attention than they can claim they are being “persecuted” for their faith:sad_yes:

I am someone who ran an anticatholic radio show online a few years ago.( I got shut down)

Please be aware that being against the Roman Church is not being against the followers of it.
I have nothing against catholic people.

When an organisation is as big as it is, and insists upon being involved in every facet of society IN PROTESTANT COUNTRIES I think its fair that it should be open to critisism. Don’t you?

Free speech is a protestant principle. It can be painful at times, but history shows us that society is healthier for it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.