Yet another group of musicians blast The Catholic Church!

I’ve mentioned this before but I just had to bring the attention to those who listen to Spanish-language music. Calle 13 a reggaeton duo are telling lies about The Church in their song Calma Pueblo. The offending lines in English are,
"Don’t talk to me about cartels or The Sopranos
The biggest mafia lives in the Vatican
With the trick of faith they screw all the people
They screw anyone who thinks differently"
hollow-hill.com/sabina/2010/07/festive_left_friday_blogging_a_30.html

Please if you are a Catholic or at the very least someone who does not like the see the religions of others be dragged thru the mud and defamed DON’T BUY THEIR MUSIC! That’s the only thing I can ask of you since they want to be controversial and get attention.

I’m sure this thread will recieve many trolls.

Don’t dwell it so much. This garbage is all over today’s culture. They hate the Church because they don’t want to be “held back”. In other words, they want to turn themselves into worthless animals who let their genitals think for them.

You are right, though. We can put them out of business if we simply don’t buy their music. I like country and Christian music anyway, so I’ve never heard of these jokers.

It’s sad that God has so many enemies and so few friends.

[quote="Bendecida, post:1, topic:215904"]
I've mentioned this before but I just had to bring the attention to those who listen to Spanish-language music. Calle 13 a reggaeton duo are telling lies about The Church in their song Calma Pueblo. The offending lines in English are,
"Don't talk to me about cartels or The Sopranos
The biggest mafia lives in the Vatican.

[/quote]

What are they, thirteen?

This song is three and a half minutes long.

Ask them to listen to it.

youtube.com/watch?v=eQ6cp_VDgmk

Their response will be illuminating.

I’d like to think that members of the Christian faith are somewhat above rising to the bait of guys making music. Seriously.

It seems to me that they are complaining because no one listens to their music?

Oh well.

By the way, Monte. That video was awesome.

Thank you everyone for your support. Unfortunately a lot of people listen to their music and they're among the favorites of the Latin Grammys even winning Album of the Year last year I believe.(One of the zillion reasons I can't stand the Latin Grammys.) But please don't even download songs where they're doing a duo with someone else because in that way you're still showing them your approval. So don't request Calle 13's songs on the radio, don't download them, and for sure don't buy their music!

I loved your video Monte. It makes me very sad to know that people who do bad end up succeding in life. But Christ said if the world hates you, realize it hated Me first. And to quote a famous song "If you're against God, you're against man."

According to Amazon, their album comes out October 25. Don't buy it.

Correction: I just checked Amazon and the release date is November 22. I hope you join me in buying Susan Boyle's album instead.

Not to bump my own thread but there’s another Latin album coming out the same day and I recommend everyone buy it instead. amazon.com/Bimexicano-Nuestros-Clasicos-Hechos-Rock/dp/B0046CC5I8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1290204677&sr=1-1 It’s an album celebrating the 200th anniversary of Mexico’s independence by having classic Mexican staples redone by Latin rock artists. From what I’ve heard so far it sounds great. So if the rest of you don’t want Calle 13 to have to #1 Latin album their opening week by Bimexicano instead.

[quote="Bendecida, post:10, topic:215904"]
Correction: I just checked Amazon and the release date is November 22. I hope you join me in buying Susan Boyle's album instead.

[/quote]

I agree ... we should support artists like Susan Boyle instead of some of these other "characters".

We just got in the mail from Amazon, the CD of Jackie Evancho with a lot of religious songs. O Holy Night ... Silent Night, Panis Angelicus, O Holy Night, Pie Jesu, O Mio Babbino Caro, Time to Say Goodbye, Ave Maria.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.