Yet another prayer thread for prolifewife!

Warning rant to follow.

I hate asking for help and prayers all the time, but I have very few people IRL life that I can turn to.

I'm 28 years old and I am facing an entire lifetime filled with chronic pain, suffering, fatigue, and illness in mind and body. Nothing has a cure, nothing will ever go away (without a miracle!) I just don't know how I'm going to get through 50/60 more years of this. :( I'm only a third of the way through and I've been through more than most people twice my age! I have nothing to look forward too in life, only more of the same and it ain't fun. :nope: I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I'm tired of suffering, tired of sickness, tired of pain, tired of being lonely, tired being bored out of my mind, tired of being the crazy mentally ill lady, the jokes, the looks, the isolation. Tired of people saying that I don't "look" sick, and judging me as being a lazy healthy person. Tired of being infertile. Tired of being the bad "contracepting" catholic. :rolleyes: Tired of being "not normal".

I just want a normalish life. I know there isn't a perfect life, but like my Psychiatrist says, I was dealt a bad hand of cards. I just want to do what most people my age do. Work, volunteer, have children, be able to be in social settings without fear. Being able to do more than a few things a day without feeling completely exhausted. Being able to not have to take 12 + medicines a day. Being able to do things for extended periods, things outside the home without having to leave, in general just living daily life for a 28 year old woman. Normalcy.

Please pray for me. All I can do anymore is beg others for prayers. Yes, I'm bratty, spoiled, selfish, needy, whinny, complaining, desperate whatever you want to call me I probably am. I've heard it all. I just need continued prayers to help me through this. Please find it in your heart to keep praying for me.

[quote="prolifewife, post:1, topic:203031"]

I'm bratty, spoiled, selfish, needy, whinny, complaining, desperate whatever you want to call me I probably am.

[/quote]

We all are. It's called being a human.

Christianity isn't a hall of fame for the best among us-it's more a laboratory of people who need forgiveness and prayers.

[quote="Rascalking, post:2, topic:203031"]
We all are. It's called being a human.

Christianity isn't a hall of fame for the best among us-it's more a laboratory of people who need forgiveness and prayers.

[/quote]

:blush: Aww thank you! This is really sweet. In that case I guess I fit right in. :thumbsup:

You sound like you're about ten times stronger than me. You have more challenges than I do, and you are leading a much better life than I have led so far. I'll pray for you and hope you'll do the same for me.

As always, Hon...

:signofcross:

:console:

:flowers:

:crossrc: and :hug1: for you!

Prayers for you, PLW. Hang in there and trust in God's plan (and in His wisdom and mercy and grace...). He LOVES you, and He loves US by showing us such a great example of a woman who grows closer to Him in holiness through her suffering.

:hug1:

I am so sorry you feel this way. I am offering prayers for you and :hug1:s too!

God will NEVER abandon you! He promised that. Your situation is bad and there's nothing I can do to help, but I put you in my prayers, and you have my support and the support of your friends on this board. And I will pray that the joys in your life will outweigh the sufferings, and the joys of the next life will make the suffering seem as nothing. God bless you.

:crossrc: :grouphug:

Prayers! :signofcross:

When I read your post, I thought it was a friend of mine writing it, except she is not Catholic. But your description sounds like her situation. She is even the same age! You aren't, perhaps, from North Dakota? :)

PLW, I will certainly pray for you and for my friend. I will pray that you receive much grace as you bear this heavy cross. And we're here, whenever you need to talk.

:crossrc:

[quote="prolifewife, post:1, topic:203031"]
I'm bratty, spoiled, selfish, needy, whinny, complaining, desperate whatever you want to call me I probably am.

[/quote]

Hey, "Prolifewife"!!

We have a Five Dollar Fine for whining!

So, "Pay up, or shut up"! :bigyikes:

:cool:

Just making light, of course... Maybe it'd help to change your outlook and lighten your load with some of my smart-alec humor... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ponyguy/Shrug.gif

Certainly I'll add you to those for whom I say my prayers... it's gettin' to be quite a list...

I have been reading your posts for the last few weeks.My boyfriend also suffers from OCD and also has some health issues although he is not in constant pain.It isn't fun and your right that it is not something that other people always understand.They sometimes think its a case of being lazy also.I just wanted to let you know that I understand its very hard and offer you some prayers.

Thank you, thank you SO much everyone! :hug3: I feel the strength to carry these crosses just one more day. Your prayers really do help me. I so need them. :hug3:

You will continue to be in my prayers... :)
(((HUGS)))

Thank you EM! Thank you everyone. I feel so indebted to you all. Just know I include "all those who are helping me or praying for me" in my prayers. It's not much, but it's the least I can do. :hug3:

May you come closer to the Lord in your sufferings, and may your sufferings be united to the Lord's cross to purchase salvation for sinners and for a greater place in the Kingdom of Heaven for you.

May The Lord bless you and keep you.
May the Lord make his face to shine upon you, and be gracious to you.
May the Lord lift up his countenance upon you, and give you peace.

God Bless!

Praying for you...

In the meantime, please try and focus on the blessings that you do have. I have struggled with depression in the past, and I know how easy it is to get into a negative spiral. At some point, all you can see is the negative.

You do have many challenges. However, you may be surprised how many challenges others may have as well. I am about your age, and I can remember thinking other kids in school had everything so easy. Their parents let them do anything they wanted, have anything they wanted. They had so many friends and I felt friendless! But you know, my parents were strict because they loved me, and I always had everything I needed. I did have some friends, but I was too busy using my many talents to have time for so many close friendships. Also, a lot of the other kids were actually jealous of me, and that is why they belittled me. God is with you, and He permits these challenges to help make you a better person.

Can you try making a list of all your blessings? I recall that you have a husband who loves you very much, and who also loves you. Focus on that. Think about how blessed you are to have enough food to eat, and to have access to a computer and the internet. Most of the people who have ever lived never even heard of a computer. Many people living in the world today struggle to stave off starvation and diseases from poor sanitation. I know I often forget to focus on the ways I am blessed and lucky, but when I remember to think this way (instead of allowing the negative spiral), it really keeps things in perspective.

I'm glad to hear you are doing a little better today.

...you are still in my prayers :gopray2:

I have the Saint for you!!!

Saint Philomena is a most wonderful friend and she help you with everything you are going through!

Don't give up hope...hugs!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.