Yonge packed for 30th annual Pride Parade

To have 'Same Sex Attraction' is a very large cross to bear. But outside the Church, the world has been turned upside down.

Disordered sexual activity was once again celebrated in Canada's largest city, just a week after the riots over the G-20 summit.
Yonge packed for 30th annual Pride Parade is a CTV story covering the event.
Although not in the text version I've linked to, the anchorwoman stated that "Police were wearing skirts instead of shields" with video to prove it.

I couldn't believe this nugget:

Still, there was controversy this year after organizers banned – and then reversed the decision – to allow a small group called Queers Against Israeli Apartheid to march.

This came right after I watched a TV show on DVD featuring a morbidly obese man who was fed up with people "putting him in a box" due to his weight and blaming his health problems on his overeating. "That's just who I am. There is nothing wrong with me, I just love food.

That made me think, why no "Over-eaters Pride Parade"?

Well, free speech is free speech. People can parade and promote their unhealthy and/or immoral lifestyles if they want to. :shrug:

Yeah they can. The funny thing is, when we go out parading and trying to promote our style of life we’re called “haters” and “crazies”. Especially during some of the Good Friday processions.

The title of this thread is a lie. I watched all 5:15 of the video and the only police I saw where wearing their badges and had pants on.
So why did the OP create a false and libelous title against the Toronto Police Service????

Not to mention that Forum Guidelines ask the the title of a news thread be the title of the news article. The OP follows neither the Forum Guidelines nor truth in the post's title.

[quote="The_Reginator, post:1, topic:204292"]

[/quote]

Too fat/lazy to march? :p

I joke, I'm fat and lazy to.

But back on topic, freedom of speech.

[quote="NewEnglandPries, post:4, topic:204292"]
The title of this thread is a lie. I watched all 5:15 of the video and the only police I saw where wearing their badges and had pants on.
So why did the OP create a false and libelous title against the Toronto Police Service????

Not to mention that Forum Guidelines ask the the title of a news thread be the title of the news article. The OP follows neither the Forum Guidelines nor truth in the post's title.

[/quote]

As I pointed out in my OP, when watching the original news broadcast on CTV Lisa Laflamme used that exact phrase about skirts instead of shields. Maybe those were only marchers dressed up as such. That actually seems much more plausible upon reflection.
Thank-you for pointing out my error in the thread`s title.
Again, it was the comment about the skirts that actually got me to thinking about starting this.
In the future I'll be more careful.
Thanks for pointing this out. :o

[quote="The_Reginator, post:1, topic:204292"]

[/quote]

There are already thousands of such parades every day in our country, in every city. Look around and see how many obese people there are on the streets, adults and kids. Obviously they take pride in it otherwise they'd have lost weight. :D

[quote="The_Reginator, post:6, topic:204292"]
As I pointed out in my OP, when watching the original news broadcast on CTV Lisa Laflamme used that exact phrase about skirts instead of shields. Maybe those were only marchers dressed up as such. That actually seems much more plausible upon reflection.

[/quote]

The OP stated "the anchorwoman stated that 'Police were wearing skirts instead of shields" with video to prove it.'"
In the video I don't hear the anchorwoman make any such statement.

There's just too many threads in these news sections where the titles don't match the articles....

[quote="NewEnglandPries, post:8, topic:204292"]
The OP stated "the anchorwoman stated that 'Police were wearing skirts instead of shields" with video to prove it.'"
In the video I don't hear the anchorwoman make any such statement.

There's just too many threads in these news sections where the titles don't match the articles....

[/quote]

Sorry 'bout that chief. :o
I wasn't specific enough at all. I hadn't actually watched the internet video, I only read the text on the CTV site following the broadcast. During the actual newscast she DID say those exact words though.

Sorry again for misleading you.
Keep up the good work with your watchful eye.

Reg.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.