You are children of the light

i was reading in 1 thesalonian

look :slight_smile:

But you, brothers, are not in darkness, for that day to overtake you like a thief.
For all of you are children of the light and children of the day. We are not of the night or of darkness.
Therefore, let us not sleep as the rest do, but let us stay alert and sober.
Those who sleep go to sleep at night, and those who are drunk get drunk at night.
But since we are of the day, let us be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love and the helmet that is hope for salvation.
For God did not destine us for wrath, but to gain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,

:slight_smile:

:amen:

Catholic singer and evangelist Mark Mallet has a quote about being a light in the world that I find inspiring:

*“As the darkness gets darker, the stars shine brighter.” *

That verse is beautiful, thanks for sharing :slight_smile:

We are all children of the light. And we have to let Christ’s light shine through us!

‘No one after lighting a lamp hides it under a jar, or puts it under a bed, but puts it on a lampstand, so that those who enter may see the light.’ - Luke 8:16

“The Similies of Salt and Light”

“You are the salt of the earth. But if salt loses its taste, with what can it be seasoned? It is no longer good for anything but to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. You are the light of the world. A city set on a mountain cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a bushel basket; it is set on a lampstand, where it gives light to all in the house.
Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father.” (Matthew 5:13-16)

:slight_smile:

beautiful!

I just came upon your post and it made me think of a poem I wrote about the Lord and His love filled light. I just thought I would share. God Bless:)

light
To see with eyes that are not my own
To share this love that I have been shown
A light upon my heart of humility not pride
A way out of the darkness where many hide
The eyes of the Lord see ALL with Love
His heart so full of mercy and joy enough to fill all of the earth from the heavens above
The light of His heart is brilliant and beautifully divine It is for ALL of us that it shines
To lead those who see and to enlighten those who are blind
Our hearts must be open to receive this love filled light
Our souls, redemptive and humbled before Him will begin to have sight
Seek for His love is enough for all to share
Search for He is waiting for all of us to hear
Within His love His light fires forth from His heart to you
Within His presence you will be pierced with His truth
The purity of His truth guides you on your journey with Him each day
to be a witness to His love and share Him with ALL in every way
The divine mercy of His heart is this fire en-kindled and burning bright for all
Follow the Lord Jesus Christ, we shall be the embers of His love and answer His call

wow. thank you for sharing this to me. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.