You have something on your head

So I just wanted to share an amusing story about today…

I was walking with one of my friends after mass today towards a coffee shop and a young gentleman stopped us and asked " Why are two beautiful young girls walking around with dirt on their heads? Are you protesting something?" :rotfl:
We tried to explain as well as we could what it was but he just seemed more confused…

Any other amusing anecdotes about Ash Wednesday?

When I got on the bus after Mass, the person next to me asked "Today is Ash Wednesday? Seriously? I need to go to Confession. Dang it! (not what she really said). Now I have to confess two things!"

:smiley: HAhaa…that is funny!

[quote="LilyElain, post:3, topic:187326"]
:D HAhaa...that is funny!

[/quote]

I had quite a few people ask me what was "that thing on my head". I had lunch (salad) with a friend (who isn't Catholic) who was so confused. She didn't say anything until we were about to leave. :D

:smiley:
I love today…it is like I get to see all the members of my “club” walking around…:slight_smile:

[quote="LilyElain, post:5, topic:187326"]
:D
I love today...it is like I get to see all the members of my "club" walking around...:)

[/quote]

It's like a secret handshake! I should have told my friend that it was an ancient symbol of order of Katharine the Chasity Cat. :p

[quote="CountrySinger, post:6, topic:187326"]
It's like a secret handshake! I should have told my friend that it was an ancient symbol of order of Katharine the Chasity Cat. :p

[/quote]

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: That is all I have to say....

Nobody asks me… why Havard have to be so scary? :mad:

I do have a fun story though. I went to 8 am mass at a local parish, where an old friend teaches 3rd grade at the parish school. Just before Mass started, my friend appeared, ushering her 3rd grade students into the pew where I’m sitting. So I turned to the little girl next to me, and said that I was once in third grade with her teacher. :slight_smile:

Another funny story: when the priest said "let us pray". This little boy sitting near me yelled "NO!". He was talking about something else, but it was so funny. :p

When we were leaving Mass my 2 year old stated, "I want more @$$es on my head." :p

Last year, my friends car broke down. When the AAA guy came, he handed us a filthy cloth. We stared at him.

He said, “Whatever it is, you got some on your forehead.” It took us a few minutes to get it.

I said, “Whatever it is we got, your cloth has more of it… Thanks anyway”.

*I remember buying fish sandwiches one year at McDonald’s on a particular Friday during Lent, and the teenage boy getting the order together was too cute…he said…’‘are you guys all Catholic?’’

Guess they probably sell those fish fillets the most during this time of year. :D*

Jack in the Box is doing a fish sandwich deal for Lent. I’m not big on fast food, but it’s pretty cool that some chains still have Lenten special promotions.

One of my friends works for McDonald’s (as a manager), and they always get prepared for Lent by orderign a ton of the fish patties. That’s the only time they sell the fish sandwiches. :slight_smile:

[quote="Havard, post:13, topic:187326"]
Jack in the Box is doing a fish sandwich deal for Lent. I'm not big on fast food, but it's pretty cool that some chains still have Lenten special promotions.

[/quote]

These sandwiches are too yummy to feel sacrificial. :p

As an aside...I don't think I've ever seen a Jack in the Box here in Florida... :hmmm:*

[quote="Havard, post:13, topic:187326"]
Jack in the Box is doing a fish sandwich deal for Lent. I'm not big on fast food, but it's pretty cool that some chains still have Lenten special promotions.

[/quote]

It's the only time of the year Sonic carries fish sandwiches! :D

I bet! One thing I miss about Pittsburgh (Lily …you need to check out Rocky’s fish sandwiches in Carnegie!) are the various restaurants/bars that sold the most delicious cod fish sandwiches during Lent. Can’t find any place around here in Florida that can match 'em! :wink:

In Manchester (NH) they have many restaurants that make wonderful fish dinners on Friday. I love seeing the little ethnic areas in town do those things.

*Yes, Pittsburgh ROCKED in this regard. (well, it rocks in many regards, but this was one of them lol) I always considered Pgh, a very Catholic city. :thumbsup:

Lily…I will have to …sigh…live vicariously through you, my dear, as it relates to Pittsburgh. :o If only you could mail me a sandwich. :rotfl: *

I stopped at a Pizza place after work today and before Mass to eat my one meal, and ordered a slice of cheese pizza. Apparently the cheese pizza was really popular today because the worker said that it'd be a 5 minute wait for the cheese pizza to get out of the oven, and then she was like "Why is the cheese pizza so popular today?"

Had to tell her it was the beginning of Lent with today being Ash Wednesday

:)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.