You know you've been studying too much Catholicism when...

Any of you converts, reverts, people in the process of converting, or those of us Prots who enjoy studying Catholic doctrine: Ever study so much for so long that it really starts to affect the way you look at things? For example, as a Protesant, I know I’ve been studying too much Catholicism when:

1. I can read the same tired old unoriginal anti-Catholic posts here and automatically begin debunking them…some without even looking it up!

2. I get all defensive of Catholic doctrines I’m not sure I even believe. :cool:

3. I just shake my head and sigh “Oh, those silly Protestants…”

:smiley:

This thread is meant to be a fun one. Feel free to add to the list.

Curious

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well, as a Catholic, when I pray and kneel, the thought that came to my mind is - Ok, I am not worshiping the statues, ain’t I? and I want to make sure I do in a certain way that does not give non-Catholic wrong impression.

OK, these are kind of funny, and the weird part is I am serious! (Hope it does not offend)

You know you’ve been studying too much Catholicism when…
When I discovered that St. Jospeh is a catholic thing, not New Age, and that not all St. Joseph Statues are buried upside down to sell a house.

When I discovered that Catholics sometimes smell like incense too, but for other reasons.

When I discovered that a Chuch Cannon was not weaponry used in Medieval times to fortify and defend a church against oncoming heathen invaders. (Seriously thought that!)

When I discovered the reason why people asked if I came from a catholic family when I told them I had eight brothers and sisters.

When I discovered that Extreme Unction was not a sport or reality show contest. (Seriously again!)

When I almost said Holy Mother Mary.

When I took a joke quiz on Quizilla, titled “How evil are You” (Anti-christ, lets not go there.), and actually felt guilty…and looked at more catholic stuff.

When I felt guilty remembering I took the picture of the Virgin Mary of Guadalupe out of the frame my catholic friend gave me and replaced it with my own. Trying to remember where I put said picture now.

When I felt guilty…What’s up with that? **

You know, Curious I feel the EXACT same way. And have you noticed that you can study Catholic doctrines, watch shows on EWTN & listen to Catholic radio,etc. you never get tired of it? There’s something new to learn each and every day. Praise God:signofcross:

You Genuflect as your turn your computer on or off.

You have to remember to add "For thine is the kingdom . . . " to the Lord’s Prayer when you are praying with Protestants.

I do this everyday because my computer is on the floor. :gopray2:

Or in movie theatres :smiley:

When you have your desktop wallpaper filled with Jesus, Mary, and the saints.

and you download MP3 files of Catholic Apologetics… and listen to Catholic Answers Live…

When I look forward to going to Mom’s to watch EWTN (I don’t get it at my house)

You start yelling corrections at the TV when they incorrectly state a Catholic belief?

…and are laughed at by your Protestant mother? (Not because of the doctrines, but because you’re yelling at a metal box).

3. I just shake my head and sigh “Oh, those silly Protestants…”

Oh yes, those silly, ridiculous Protestants who clearly haven’t given any thought to their faith or why they believe the things they do, or even what Catholicism believes. Silly, silly Protestants.

When I become offended at really nasty anti-Catholic remarks.

When I finally figured out why the parents of all my Catholic friends sucked air through their teeth and made a funny choking sound :eek: when they found out I was christened Catholic as an infant but not raised in the Church…and made bonus sounds if I shrugged my shoulders and said, C’est la vie, its all the same.

Oh yeah, and when I discovered tapings of someone named Mother Angelica, think she’s cool, and actually look forward to it.

You should see me argue Church history and doctrine with the Exorcist :smiley:
I can’t think of specifics, cause it’s been so long since I watched it, but I just remember that I did.

You’ve passed the point of no return. . . .

You should see me argue Church history and doctrine with the Exorcist
I can’t think of specifics, cause it’s been so long since I watched it, but I just remember that I did.

My friend wants me to watch that with him! I told him only if I could hold onto my rosary, maybe a few medals, and possibly sprinkle Holy Water around the TV. He said I could so I bet I’ll actually have to watch it now. Maybe it won’t be as bad if I sit there correcting everything? :wink:

Oh yes, those silly, ridiculous Protestants who clearly haven’t given any thought to their faith or why they believe the things they do, or even what Catholicism believes. Silly, silly Protestants.

Um, Hello_Operator? Curious IS a Protestant. It’s a joke.

The thing is, because Catholics know the Truth of possession and Exorcism, it’s not a scary movie.
My dad (a convereted baptist) told me that he was scared spitless when he saw it the first time, when he went back and watched it with catholic eyes, it’s no where near as scary!

When I felt guilty…What’s up with that?

NOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooo…http://i18.tinypic.com/40ll9fs.gif

The fact that I am starting to see more truths in Catholicism than I originally thought there were. :o

My bad :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.