You may not be interested in

Is there a way to disable these ‘suggestions’ that are suddenly showing up every time I open a topic? They are extremely irritating as they take up a lot of screen. This isn’t Amazon lol!

6 Likes

There is a small up arrow top right - tapping that makes it retract/disappear.

True…but it comes back on every topic. I’m after a ‘never show this again’ option :grin:

5 Likes

I can’t seem to see that?

I agree. Super irritating especially on mobile. This pop up takes up a third of my screen. It’s a bit much for this to pop up EVERYTIME you open a new thread!

@camoderator @cawebmaster can you help with the frequency of this pop up?

7 Likes

I agree that it is covering too much of the screen on Android and that it is useless noise anywhere. Yesterday it suggested that I “may also be interested” on resources on some very general topics, like “Nuns” and “Benedictine”. No offense, but a lot of us using this website are not here on our first rodeo and we know what a nun is and what a Benedictine is without needing to close a popup 25 times.

6 Likes

I just clicked on a recommendtion and a page popped up saying the page is no longer available!!

1 Like

It doesn’t work for me :slightly_frowning_face:

Edit: Then it calls me a liar by working the next time lol!

2 Likes

@camoderator
This seems to be a recently introduced “feature” that everyone is complaining about! Any help in the works? It’s annoying and a there needs to be a way to say…Never show me this again!

Thanks for any help you can offer.

4 Likes

I’m currently logged in on both desktop pc and android phone. The “You may also be interested …” drop down box is still appearing, but I do have the small upward pointing arrow, top right in that drop down box. Tapping that makes it disappear, and yes it is reappearing when I go to another thread.

Perhaps as PattyIt has suggested - a “Do Not Show Again” tick box within this drop down box would be the solution to the issue.

@cawebmaster

1 Like

This horrible thing isn’t just limited to the browser, either. I just saw it in the mobile app. Please remove or let us hide.

4 Likes

Yes, it’s terrible.

3 Likes

I am not finding it the least bit useful. It’s not even popping up articles relevant to the threads I’m looking at.

7 Likes

Dearest @cawebmaster @camoderator and anyone else with authority:
Will we need to launch a daily campaign to persuade you to turn this disruptive “feature” off?

5 Likes

Just a snapshot of how utterly irrelevant these suggestions are. What do these have to do with this site feedback thread?!

4 Likes

It truly is the dumbest thing that I’ve ever seen implemented here…

2 Likes

I’m guessing that the forum gets way more hits than other parts of the site, and they’re trying to drive traffic. A reasonable idea, but this is a poor way to go about it when the links don’t work, don’t relate to the thread being discussed, and obscure half the thread when viewed on mobile.

6 Likes

Interestingly I was offered the same…so at least it’s a consistent useless algorithm!

2 Likes

I noted that too. I got the same choices…

I figure, by now I’ve worked off at least 2 weeks Purgatory time.

6 Likes

And it’s redundant.

:rofl:

3 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.