You say you are right?

LOL.
WHY do Catholics think they have “it” right when it comes to religion?

MANY things in the church was not mentioned my Jesus; usually responses to these things are based on loose interpretations and often wrong.

Like in Confession; marriage. the POPE; the caste order of the Vatican, where did priests come from?, conformation, the “host” from my memory Jesus only gave the bread to his disciples ONCE; so why does the church make it every week and why at all? Jesus didnt give it to us, only his disciples.

Do you honestly think that Catholics have never heard of or dealt with these issues before?

You’ve started a lot of threads here recently posing similar questions. Have you seriously read any of the responses you’ve received, and done any further reading on your own?

The answers are there, but you have to do a little bit of work on your own.

Because our religion was given to us by Jesus Christ and His Apostles. :slight_smile:

MANY things in the church was not mentioned my Jesus; usually responses to these things are based on loose interpretations and often wrong.

:shrug: I’m not sure what you mean, here.

Like in Confession

James 5:16, John 20:21-23

;

marriage

Matthew 5:27-32

the POPE

Matthew 16:18-19 and John 21:15-19.

the caste order of the Vatican

What “caste order” would that be? Are you confusing us with Hindus? :shrug:

where did priests come from?

Leviticus 8:1-9:24, Isaiah 66:18-23 (especially verse 21), Acts 6:1-7, I Timothy 3. (Ask yourself, why should St. Paul instruct Timothy on how to ordain Bishops, if he was not qualified to do so, or if there were no need for priests and Bishops in the Church? :shrug: )

conformation

I assume you meant Confirmation. See Acts 2.

the “host” from my memory Jesus only gave the bread to his disciples ONCE; so why does the church make it every week and why at all? Jesus didnt give it to us, only his disciples.

I Corinthians 11:23-26

Emphasis mine]

What’s so funny?

Everybody thinks their religion is right. You’d be a fool to support a religion if you thought it was wrong. Your soul is dependent on it.

As for Catholicism, I believe it is right because of the authority and protection of the Papal Office given by the Holy Spirit. I have my reasons for believing this, but I don’t know if you’re interested in my reasons.

Each of your other questions probably deserve their own thread.

Dear Irene. I agree with theistgal regarding these topics have been posted many times and answered many times on other threads. We don’t want to ignore you, but we have answered some of your questions ssooooooo maaaaaaany times, so please check out other threads to see if your questions have been answered. You would do well to get a good book on the History of the Catholic Church and great supporting material such as the Catholic Catechism if you are serious about making an intelligent choice of religions.

Some people believe the only truth about religion and faith is only in the Bible. If the exact question isn’t answered there then it isn’t to be found anywhere. Whereas the Catholic Church as Scripture, Tradition and History as its foundation of the truths.

Hello dear sister Irene, and welcome to Catholic forums.

According to a recent poll, the vast majority (as many as 70%) of Catholics on these fora are converts from Protestantism. Some were even pastors of sizeable congregations. It is because of the Truth that we discovered that we entered The Church that Jesus Christ founded. Starting there, the rest clearly follows.

May the grace of Our Lord Jesus Christ descend upon you and remain with you always.

Your servant in Christ.

Why do you think they have it wrong?

Hi, Jesus said “do this”, so, we do.

Also he died the next day. It was The Last Supper. :wink:

**Hello Irene72,

Your questions are perfectly logical. I had many many many, man am talkin many questions I asked but it was a circle of the same answers that boiled down to “well, actually no.” It was so frustrating! When I was a Christian, I was like “don’t mess with me attitude goin on”…and I was sincere about it with all my heart and soul~and then by the will of God, the one that created me, I got on my knees and prayed (supplicated) to Him~no strings, no sons, nothin with intermediaries I was prayin to, just God Himself.

He is the only one worthy of worship and being asked of.

I submitted to Him without anyone telling me what to do, how to pray, how to ask, what to say etc. Just me and my Creator. He is the ONE that guides one to truth.

I was given the Quran and from then onwards, man, study, learned, yelled, screamed, (lol yes, yelled) and all the other adjectives that go with the word conceit and bias. lol It was then uphill and never downhill. Questions were being answered and I felt my frustrations easing away. It was hard work, aint sayin it wasn’t cuz I really thought I was givin Jesus up but subhanHu wa ta’la ! (Glory be to the One the Most High), I respect Jesus more than I did when I was a Christian! :slight_smile:

The choice is for anyone. The truth is out there. All one has to be in honest with oneself and sincere in wanting to understand that that honesty deserves to be with truth.

americanrevert**

Sigh. Yes, thank you. Let’s all join Islam, because Islam doesn’t seem to have any problems and it’s self-evident that it’s true, and they never persecute or kill people who disagree with them like those nasty ol’ Catholics. :rolleyes:

I’ll be a Muslim when they pry the pork ribs from my cold, dead hands

Then you never understood who Jesus was.

Agreed! I’ll cut straight to the chase.

Islam is the spawn of Satan, and Mohammed is his servant.

Just follow your signature:

~Thinking of Islam.

…and perhaps the fright produced will help you to see the truth.

And what’s the “LOL” (“laughing out loud”) referring to?

I don’t believe that Jesus was a God/man, yet when I
read the gospels, Jesus said “Whenever you do this, do this in
rememberance of me.”

‘Whenever you do this…’ - Do what? Celebrate the Passover ritual meal?

Jesus is said to have instituted the Mass - at this Passover meal
of rememberance - a meal which recalls the saving acts of God, done for His chosen people. Yet even if one were to say that Jesus now replaces the lamb that was slain, at that
first Passover, Paul was quick to say that the sacrifice of Jesus was once, for all.
Yet Jesus said “Whenever you do this…”

Do what? When?..To what purpose?
[The Passover ritual meal occurs only once a year.]

Is the sacrifice of Jesus supposed to replace animal sacrifice
in the Temple, which was offered daily? Was that the
*connection *that was made - in the minds of his apostles?
Passover ritual meal ----> replaces daily animal sacrifice in the Temple?

Yet the Passover ritual meal of rememberance occurs only
once a year. How does the annual become the daily?

What relationship do the words of Jesus -at that Passover meal -
have to the words of Paul: “…once, for all.”

Is the Mass to ‘remind’ God of the sacrifice of His son?
Is this sacrifice ‘re-offered’ by the priest?

Yet Paul said that Jesus died - once - for all :confused:

reen12

, yet when I
read the gospels, Jesus said “When you do this, do this in
rememberance of me.”

We do not believe that Jesus was A god/man either. He is God/man. Jesus IS God, he was incarnated on earth as Man, like us in everything but sin. Your first fundamental mistake is calling Him A god, HE IS God, the second Person of the Holy Trinity.

‘When you do this…’ - Do what? Celebrate the Passover ritual meal?

In it’s elements, yes.

Jesus is said to have instituted the Mass - at this Passover meal
of rememberance - a meal which recalled the saving acts of God, done for His chosen people. Yet even if one were to say that Jesus now replaces the lamb that was slain, at that
first Passover, Paul was quick to say that the sacrifice of Jesus was once, for all. Yet Jesus said "When you do this…"
Do what? When?..For what reason? [Passover occurs once a
year.]

His sacrifice is made present, for us, at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, in an unbloody fashion.

You say that you do not believe that Jesus was both God and man. Do you call yourself Christian?
[/quote]

, he was incarnated on earth as Man, like us in everything but sin. Your first fundamental mistake is calling Him A god, HE IS God, the second Person of the Holy Trinity.

In it’s elements, yes.

His sacrifice is made present, for us, at the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, in an unbloody fashion.

You say that you do not believe that Jesus was both God and man. Do you call yourself Christian?

Thank you for your observations. I did Catholic apologetics for
decades - whene’re I heard Catholic practice or beliefs misstated.
I assure you, I can ‘do’ apologetics with* élan.*

The day it dawned on me that no ‘savior’ was ‘awaited’ - by His
chosen people [messiah = ‘the anointed.’ Messiah does not =[/COLOR]
‘savior,’ ] was the day that I knew that Christianity held profound error.]
The God of Israel saves all people.
Saul of Tarsus confected a theological novelty - 'original sin.'
No ontological sin - in man’s very being - no ‘need’ for a ‘savior’ from same.

Catholic theology is gorgeous. I appreciate it’s elegance,
and have so recognized same, since 1958.

Yet error, expressed elegantly…remains error.

Using the polysyllabic hypostatic union] fails to guise the reality.
A human being stated that he was God.

Over 2 billion human beings, in our own day, hold that Jesus was a God/man -
and that deity is triune, in nature.

Yet gorgeously expressed error, remains error, nonetheless.

reen12 :tiphat:
[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.