Young adult group help

My parish is starting a young adult group. We’re a small group and our first meeting is this coming wednesday and i was wondering if anyone had any ideas for icebreakers.

Also how do you conduct a prayer group with young adults. We are open to the Holy Spirit working through us and guiding us so if we go in a more charismatic direction we are comfortable with it so we’re open to anything.

Thank you for all your help!

I just started going to a young adult group. The ice breaker they use is just to go around in a circle introducing yourself, the usual, and to say something interesting about yourself, where you work or hobby or whatever.

It’s not really a prayer meeting as much as it is more like a class on church teaching with discussion, at least the meetings I’ve been to so far. There is an opening and closing prayer. I enjoy it.

The website for this particular group is www.lukefive.org. You might find some good ideas there too.

Good luck and God Bless.

open with prayer and then put a subject up for disscustion i.e. why did god harden pharos heart or what does it men to you to be born again in christ. and ask for suggestions from the group as to what they want in getting together. every thing will wok out if your open to the spirit

closed #4

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.