Young Couple Issue/Asking For Support & Prayers

Before I start, I just want to say that my wife and I have been very happily married for 7 years and have two wonderful children. I am very blessed to have them all in my life. After giving birth my wife had some medical issues, and intercourse has become very uncomfortable for her, and her doctor told her there is probably nothing that will change it without unnecessary and risky surgery.

With that being said, we are a young couple, and having a high sex drive, this has been a struggle for us (mostly me). She has offered to have intercourse, but of course, I would never do that to her. I just ask for any support or prayers you can provide, because knowing that we shouldn’t have any more sexual relations for the rest of our lives (we are in our early 30’s) seems like a really tall task. I’m not trying to sound selfish, because obviously her health and happiness comes first. I just know that there will be temptations along the way, so prayers are appreciated. Thanks for listening.

Praying for your wife’s health & recovery. Praying for the intentions of you, your wife, family & marriage.

It doesn’t sound like it’s unnecessary surgery if it’ll fix this problem for her. It might be worth the risk for her?

Praying.

1. Praying…Really. You guys will go on my list for continuing, daily prayer.

2. Time.

3. Get a 2nd opinion. Really. There are garden variety OB/GYNs that leave a train wreck in their wake, then there are highly specialized Gynecologists that can make intricate surgical work for prolapsed organs or adhesions or poorly repaired 4th degree lacerations look like child’s play. Do some research and DO NOT LOSE HOPE.

Yeah…I agree with tablefor9. Please do seek other opinions and options before embracing a long life of celibacy. I will pray for both of you…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.