Young German Shepherd with cancer

Could you please pray for my Good Friend’s dog, Beck, a 4-year old German Shepherd with, the Vet. diagnosed cancer on 3 legs. The Vet. does not think the animal is in pain. Beck is such a good dog!

My GF’s DH died 3 months ago, and she cannot think of their dog also. . . . . Please pray for her and their dog.

Thank you.

PRAYER FOR OUR ANIMAL FRIENDS

Heavenly Father, our human ties with our friends of other species is wonderful and special gift from You. We now ask You to grant our special animal companions your Fatherly care and healing power to take away any suffering they have. Give us, their human friends, new understanding of our responsibilities to these creatures of Yours. They have trust in us as we have in You; our souls and their being on this earth together to give one another friendship, affection, and caring. Take our heartfelt prayers and fill Your ill or suffering animals with healing Light and strength to overcome whatever weakness of body they have.

Beck (Here mention the names of the animals needing prayer).

Your goodness is turned upon every living thing and Your grace flows to all Your creatures. From our souls to theirs goodness flows, touching each of us with the reflection of Your love. Grant to our special animal companions long and healthy lives. Give them good relationships with us, and if You see fit to take them from us, help us to understand. Grant our prayer through the intercession of good St. Francis of Assisi, who honored You through all Your creatures.

Amen.

Praying for your friends family and dog.

Our Father who art in Heaven, hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.

And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil.

Amen.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee.

Blessed are you among women, and blessed is the fruit of your womb Jesus.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Prayers for your friend, and for Beck, her dog.

Pet prayers all over this forum today. Better things to pray 4

prayers for both

St. Francis of Assisi, please pray for Beck.

Lord,
By the power of the Holy Spirit & in the name of your son Jesus Christ I ask you to bring this innocent pet out of the valley of darkness and cleanse with you precious blood and heal it in the name of Jesus Christ.
I also pray for peace and faith for this family that needs your love, mercy and grace. In Jesus holy name I pray, Amen

Good St. Francis, you loved all of God’s creatures. To you they were your brothers and sisters. Help us to follow your example of treating every living thing with kindness. St. Francis, Patron Saint of animals, watch over my pet and keep my companion safe and healthy. Amen.

SO INSENSITIVE! ANIMALS ARE CREATURES OF GOD THAT APPARENTLY HAVE MORE LOVE AND COMPASSION THAN HYPOCRITICS LIKE YOU! No prayet request is too small or greater than another. Read YOUR bible

That’s pretty cruel, dude. First of all, animals have souls. The church teaches this. Secondly, we owe all animals kindness. Check it out: it’s in the CCC. Third, just because YOU don’t like this prayer intention, doesn’t mean you have to come on this thread and put down others who do. I would apologize to the OP and to the rest of us.

Heavenly Father, our human ties with our friends of other species are wonderful and special gifts from You. We now ask You to grant our special animal companions your Fatherly care and healing power to take away any suffering they have. Give us, their human friends, new understanding of our responsibilities to these creatures of Yours. They have trust in us as we have in You; our souls and theirs are on this earth together to give one another friendship, affection, and caring. Take our heartfelt prayers and fill Your ill or suffering animals with healing Light and strength to overcome whatever weakness of body they have: that Beck may be healed

Your goodness is turned upon every living thing and Your grace flows to all Your creatures. From our souls to theirs goodness flows, touching each of us with the reflection of Your love. Grant to our special animal companions long and healthy lives. Give them good relationships with us, and if You see fit to take them from us, help us to understand that they are not gone from us, but only drawing closer to You. Grant our prayer through the intercession of good St. Francis of Assisi, who honored You through all Your creatures. Give him the power to watch over our animal friends until they are safely with You in eternity, where we someday hope to join them in giving You honor forever. Amen.

Bl. Mary Bartholomea de Bagnesi, hear our prayer.
Padre Pio, hear our prayer.

St. Anthony, hear our prayer.
St. Faustina, hear our prayer.

St. Francis of Assisi, hear our prayer.
St. Gertrude of Nivelles, hear our prayer.

St. John Bosco, hear our prayer.
St. Joseph of Cupertino, hear our prayer.

St. Martin de Porres, hear our prayer.
Sts. Cosmas and Damian, hear our prayer.

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

Praying for your intention.

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Amen.

Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.

Amen.

Praying for your friend and her dog.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen

Saint Michael, the archangel, defend us in battle, be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil, may God rebuke him, we humbly pray. And do you, O’ Prince of the Heavenly host, by the power of God thrust into Hell Satan and all the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls.

Amen.

Amen.

Amen.

Update:
The Vet said that Beck (4-year-old German Shepherd), does not have “tumors” in his brain nor “tail bone”. The Vet now said that he does not know if it is cancer. The “problem” (whatever that is) appears to be only with the three legs. There is nothing wrong with internal organs. We are thankful to God for that. My GF cannot do cancer treatment on Beck. It would be too much suffering for an animal that cannot understand, and she cannot put Beck through that.

Please continue praying for my Good Friend and her German Shepherd. My GF’s DH died 4 months ago, and she cannot think of their dog also. . . . . Please pray for her and their dog.

Thank you.

PRAYER FOR OUR ANIMAL FRIENDS

Heavenly Father, our human ties with our friends of other species is wonderful and special gift from You. We now ask You to grant our special animal companions your Fatherly care and healing power to take away any suffering they have. Give us, their human friends, new understanding of our responsibilities to these creatures of Yours. They have trust in us as we have in You; our souls and their being on this earth together to give one another friendship, affection, and caring. Take our heartfelt prayers and fill Your ill or suffering animals with healing Light and strength to overcome whatever weakness of body they have: that Beck be healed of his ailment.

Your goodness is turned upon every living thing and Your grace flows to all Your creatures. From our souls to theirs goodness flows, touching each of us with the reflection of Your love. Grant to our special animal companions long and healthy lives. Give them good relationships with us, and if You see fit to take them from us, help us to understand. Grant our prayer through the intercession of good St. Francis of Assisi, who honored You through all Your creatures.

Amen.

As to the person who was negative about praying for animals:

Yes, animals are put here on earth for our benefit. However, they are part of God’s creation. As such, we have to treat them with kindness. Their bodies respond to prayer much easier than those of humans. Animals have no ability to refuse like we humans do. If they are part of our “food” animals (cattle, goats, chicken, etc.) and we must kill them to eat, we must kill them in the most compassionate way possible. For example: My Uncle was the one who always killed the pig for the Family’s Christmas meal (30+ people). The animal never felt a thing! Animals do “teach” us many things. In fact, a black Labrador Retriever was the only “being” in the neighborhood who welcomed us to our new dwelling! That tail was wagging and he did greet us! No “human” even said hi or waved to us. We had no idea that we had just moved to an area that . . . did not want foreigners! We would not have moved there if we had known! We will always remember that dog! Even Jesus put an example: “Look at the birds of the air. . . !”

Blessings,

Luz Maria

Eternal God , in whom mercy is endless,
and the treasury of compassion inexhastible ,
look kindly upon us and increase Your mercy in us ,
that in difficult moments we might not despair
nor become despondent , but with great confidence ,
submit ourselves to Your Holy Will ,
which is love and mercy itself . Amen

Memorare (Prayer to Our Lady)
Remember, O most gracious Virgin Mary, that never was it known that anyone who fled to your protection, implored your help, or sought your intercession, was left unaided.
Inspired by this confidence, I fly unto you, O Virgin of virgins, my Mother. To you do I come, before you I stand, sinful and sorrowful. O Mother of the Word Incarnate, despise not my petitions, but in your mercy, hear and answer me. Amen

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.