Your answers

I AM A MAN THAT IS DEEPLY IN LOVE WITH MY WIFE, BUT EIGHT MONTHS AGO I WENT TO WORK TIPSY GOT CAUGHT AND FIRED. FROM THAT DAY FORWARD MY WIFE TOLD ME SHE DID NOT LOVE ME NO MORE AND OUR MARRIAGE WAS OVER. THIS IS THE ONLY TIME I HAVE EVER DONE THIS. I HAVE BEEN FAITHFUL TO MY WIFE FOR 20 YEARS. SHE SAYS THIS IS UNFORGIVABLE AND SHE CAN NEVER LOVE ME AGAIN. I AM CURRENTLY EMPLOYED AS A RESIDENTIAL APPRAISER AND DO WELL AGAIN AND DO ALL MY FATHERLY DUTIES, STILL TRYING TO GAIN MY WIFES' LOVE BACK. IS SHE UPSET OF CAN SOME FALL OUT OF LOVE THAT FAST. THANK YOU FOR READING AND RESPONDING.

STILL IN LOVE WITH MY WIFE AND CHILDREN:blush:

there has to be more than just a one-time thing to tip her that far from love into ending marriage. you have to be honest with her and yourself. why did you drink to get drunk? why did you go to work in that state of inebriation? what kind of job do you have -- how likely to cause harm to others was your decision to work drunk? (surgeon? teacher? truckdriver? train engineer? police officer? dishwasher? tax consultant? etc)do you drink often? have you hidden your drinking and drunkenness? have you had other issues caused by your drinking? there are so many unanswered questions and very little information. as a wife who was lied to for over 20 years, i tell you, finding out about one little instance can show the rest of the story and uncover a whole hidden life.

Good morning,

I do agree with Rachel. There is not much information here with which to form an opinion or offer advice.

Having said that, please know that I am praying for your marriage and your family. May God bless you.

Peace,
Trinity

We are called to be forgiving but we are called to be honest - is there any reason that we should this angry after all this time if you really think about it?

I doubt your wife would leave you over a single mistake, even if the mistake cost you your job which would upset the financial situation of your family significantly. Something else was probably at play here even if you don't realize it. For instance, going to work drunk can be a sign of alcoholism which is a disease that has destroyed many marriages. Without any more information, we really can't offer you any advice other than to pray and think very honestly about your marriage and whether you might have done anything to contribute to her desire to leave. Sometimes wives are very unhappy in their marriages but never say a word about it until they suddenly decide they've had enough and leave. Their husbands are blindsided because they thought everything was going great, but whent they look back they can sometimes see where things went wrong.

I really hope you and your wife can reconcile.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.