Your experience with gallstones?

Hi all,

Deleting surgery from the list, how did you (or someone you know) get rid of stones in the gallbladder naturally?

Giving and receiving medical advice is against forum rules.

I’m not requesting medical advice. Thank you.

Yes, you are!

I’m not. Forget it, I’m gonna report this thread myself. I’m tired of the double standard in CAF. I’ve seen posters posting “medical advice” in both Parenting and Family Life.

I was not looking for any medical advice.

Then you should report it. The Mods cannot catch everything, especially if its within a thread that goes off topic or something.

How to get rid of gallstones is medical advice. And we aren’t allowed to answer that.

I had my gallbladder removed surgically. There is really nothing that can be done save seeing a doctor. He will tell you what to do. If there are natural treatments available, he will let you know. :slight_smile:

If you are referring to all the medical threads I’ve been posting, you will notice that I simply report how I’m doing and ask for prayers, not medical advice. Sometimes I ask for spiritual advice on how to get through the tough times.

I know Convert99, your postings didn’t come to my mind when I wrote that. I do not suffer the condition. My mom does, she was diagnosed and was told what she could do, she got her medical advice from a doctor. I’m not requesting advice, medical advice. I wanted to know others experience on how they did it. That was it. But posters here assumed I was requesting advice. It doesn’t matter anymore, I’ve reported myself.

:shrug: What constitutes medical advice can be up to interpretation. A poster once chastised me for asking for “medical advice” when I asked a question about the best way to clean a breast pump. They then referred me to WIC. :rolleyes:

OP- Are you asking for a method for keeping gall stones from forming in the first place, like a certain food to avoid? I don’t really know much about gall stones, but I suspect once a stone is formed, there are only two methods for “getting rid of them”, the “hard way” and the surgical way.

This is a blast from the past; the last time I touched a surgery book was 13 years ago. :smiley:

Still, I remember that there was work in progress on medications that could dissolve stones. I’m sure some progress must have been made in this field in over a decade. A good gastroenterologist would probably be able to give you a more accurate answer. :slight_smile:

I had them for over a year with only intermittent problems. It was only when they clogged the ducts leading out of the gallbladder that I had to schedule emergency surgery. The pain got pretty bad really fast.

I don’t have any advice or experience, but I want you to know I’m praying for your mom. You are a good daughter to be seeking out answers for her. Praying for you as well.

My wife had her gallbladder and the stones removed a couple months ago. It was our understanding at that time that that was the only option. Of course she was in extreme pain and the stones quite large. I do not know that had she been diagnosed earlier that the outcome would have been different. Blessings to you and yours.

23 yr old daughter had them removed recently.

Painful.

Hope your mother gets better.

I had my gallbladder removed so know how painful it can be. Hope your mum recovers soon.

I would have thought her doctor would have told her all her options?

If gallstones dont pass on their own, it’s the doctors that have to help? I have heard of other “natural” ways but they are NOT recommended, should NOT be attempted and are definitely not endorsed medically so please stay away from any of that sort of “advice”

I had mine removed about 18 months ago. I never had symptoms but suffer from Liver Disease and needed an ultra sound. During the ultra sound they found the gallstones (the liver is very close to the liver). My GI wanted a biopsy of the liver anyway and decided to remove the gallbladder at the same time as a preventative measure.

I was fortunate in that after a couple of days of discomfort I was fine. I haven’t yet found any foods that bother me.

Advise your mother to listen to her GI. The surgery is very common and now that it is done with a laparoscope it’s a same day surgery and recovery time is only a few days.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.