Your favorite album title

I was listening to my mp3 player today and saw this album title that caught my eye and thought that it was a really interesting title. I was trying to think of others that I liked and thought that this title was the most intersting that I could think of.

My favorite album title would have to be:

Kip Winger “This Conversation Seems Like a Dream”

What is your favorite?

(not your favorite album to listen to, just the title of the album)

You can tune a piano, but you can’t tuna fish- REO Speedwagon

You beat me to it!:thumbsup:

I like “Mingus, Mingus, Mingus, Mingus, Mingus”**** by Charles Mingus.

The Smoker You Drink, the Player You Get (Joe Walsh)

Dare to be Stupid by Weird Al
It’s just a funny title.

Physical Grafitti

Toys in the Attic

Good-bye Yellow Brick Road

Yessongs

A Night at the Opera

Who’s Next?

“On The Threshold of a Dream”: The Moody Blues.
And the music’s pretty darn good, too.

If I recall correctly, back in the day when Prince chose to be known by a symbol instead of his name he released a ‘self-titled’ (self-symboled) album. Can’t imagine going up to a store salesperson and asking for an album that actually doesn’t have a word in its title :slight_smile:

Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven (Godspeed You! Black Emperor)
From Here You’ll Watch The World Go By (Legendary Pink Dots)
Chance Meeting on a Dissecting Table (Nurse With Wound)
Black Ships Ate The Sky (Current 93)

Ooh! Another Moodies fan. :smiley:

“To Our Children’s Children’s Children”
“Days of Future Passed”
“In Search of the Lost Chord”
—all from the Moody Blues

A few weird ones:
“Leftoverture” - Kansas
"Brain Salad Surgery" - Emerson, Lake and Palmer
"Rust Never Sleeps" - Neil Young & Crazy Horse

That sounds like a title from PDQ Bach (satire of classical music) some of his real titles include: March of the Cute Little Wood Sprites and The Short-Tempered Clavier.

I know there’s at least one rock group who has named their live album “Undead” :slight_smile: I always thought this was pretty clever. I think Ten Years After was probably the first band to do so.

Yeah, Joe comes up with the great titles! Another one that he has that always makes me laugh is You Bought it-You Name it

Kansas had clever titles
**Leftoverture
Point of Know Return
Somewhere to Elsewhere ** (A more recent album with the song “Flight of Icarus II” - spectacular song)

Also:
Styx - The Grand Illusion (one of my all-time favorite albums, btw)

Ted Nugent’s live album: “Intensities In Ten Cities.”

Everyone still called him “Prince”. Even if his official name was “The Artist”. He didn’t exactly choose to name himself that, it was forced upon him by a record contract, he couldn’t release an album under the name “Prince” because the record label owned the rights to it.

It was his big raspberry :stuck_out_tongue: to the record label.

R.E.M. - Fables of the Reconstruction
(or is that Reconstruction of the Fables?)

Genesis - Selling England By The Pound

Rush - Permanent Waves
(As far as the cover, the newspaper in the lower left-hand corner was supposed to have the famous headline “DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN” on it, but the Chicago Tribune, still sensitive about that oopsie, threatened to sue, so the headline is grayed out in U.S. release.)
(image linked but not posted because of PG-13 nature of the cover)

Steve Taylor - I Predict 1990
(Great because he didn’t predict anything about 1990; he just predicted it!)

And maybe the best non-name for an album ever:

http://www.sdcd.com/B2B/jsp/app/images/Scans/781709.jpg
The Beatles - The White Album
(It didn’t have a name, just “The Beatles,” but it’s come to be known as The White Album.)

Many of Peter Gabriel’s early solo efforts didn’t have names, which infuriated his record company. Hence, later titles like So and Us.

Beet the Meetles by a band called The Ruttles.

And don’t forget All You Need Is Cash, A Hard Day’s Rut, Ouch!, Tragical History Tour, Sgt. Rutter’s Only Darts Club Band, Shabby Road, and Let It Rot.

STIG HAS BEEN DEAD FOR AGES, HONESTLY

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.