Your Favorite Funnies

[SIGN][/SIGN]There have been many famous cartoon strips from Walt Kelly’s Pogo, Al Capp’s** Li’l Abner**, Shultz’s Peanuts, Chester Gould’s “Richard” Tracy, Dean Young’s Blondie and Dagwood, Garry Troudeau’s Doonesbury, Milton Caniff’s Terry and the Pirates, Bill Keane’s The Family Circus, Johnny Hart’s B.C Gary Larson’s The Far Side, and the list goes on and on back to Richard Outcault’s The Yellow Kid (1895).

Your Favorite cartoon strip?
Categories: Political/Satire, Single Panel, Adventure, Just Funny, Other
Mine:
Satire Berke Breathed’s Bloom County. Clever, witty, original satire. IMHO, there are a lot of ties for second (Doonesbury, Li’l Abner, Pogo) but none come close to Opus the Penguin and the cast of characters in Bloom County.
Single Panel: The Far Side The Best! "Nuff said.
Adventure The Phantom ("Richard" Tracy a close second)
Just Funny: ** Zits**

My current favorite (falls in the Just Funny category) is Cul de Sac. The kids are so perfectly weird and funny.

Cul de Sac is new to me. Thanks. I will drop a note to our local papers that they consider this one.

Oh- a new (or at least new to me) single panel that seems pretty good is The Argyle Sweater. I first caught it last weekend when this comic was printed:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.