Your Favorite Marian Apparition?

I think my favorite apparition of the Virgin Mary is when she appeared to Catherine Laboure in 1830, on the night of July 18’th, where the Miraculous Medal comes from. I don’t know why, it’s just so wondrous. I always ponder upon what it must have been like, to be awaken by a strange child saying “Come to the Chapel, the Blessed Virgin is waiting for you.” Then following the child and entering the chapel, and laying eyes on her. It is said Mary was dressed in an ivory-colored dress with a blue mantle and a white veil covering her head and draping over her shoulders. Her hands radiated beams of light, the color of jewels. Just imagine gazing into the Blessed Virgin’s eyes? Wow, what a moment of awe! Even perhaps a little frightening. The Lord God, sending down His mother to pass forth a message. How beautiful!

I also love the apparition of Bernadette Soubirous of Lourdes.

So what is everyone elses favorite approved Marian apparition?

Our Lady of Mount Carmel…

Our Lady of Fatima…

Our Lady of Lourdes…

Our Lady of Knock…

It was hard to narrow it down to just 4!

God bless.

Our Lady of Mount Carmel. She’s warm, humble, promised to open the windows for us when Peter closes the gates, and promised also to cover her children with her cloak if they need it… and I see her practically everywhere I turn.:smiley:

Hmm, I don’t know too much about it, and I don’t think it counts as an apparition or is even approved, but would an Our Lady of Mount Athos count? I just love the idea of a garden just for her.

I have to agree with you Marie Veronica. How can we possibly choose between such wonderful visitations by Our Lady. She always seems to arrive when we need her most!!! Even though I don’t know very much about many of them, I have to choose Our Lady of Knock for obvious reasons. But I also love that particular apparition because Mary was not alone. She was also accompanied by Jesus, Joseph and St. John. Also, she didn’t seem to have a need to say a word.

Probably Our Lady of Knock, there’s just something about it (aside from the fact that it was in Ireland and I have Irish heritage) maybe it’s because she also appeared with St. John and St. Joseph, maybe it’s because of the eyewitness accounts that seem so absolutely positive about who it was. I don’t know, there’s just something about it.

Also Our Lady of Mt. Carmel and one of my mom’s favorites, Our Lady of Fatima.

Our Lady of Fatima. I love the Rosary, but I don’t pray it myself.

Our Lady of Fatima
Our Lady of Lourdes
Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal

Yay! Someone else who loves “The Miraculous Medal” visitation! :slight_smile:

I have to ask, is the little boy who woke Catherine up suppose to be Jesus? I never understood that quite.

I admit, I don’t know many of the apparitions so I am going to read up on them shortly, especially the apparitions of Knock and Carmel.

I have been to Lourdes and it is a truly wondrous place. Once you have prayed on your knees in the grotto Our Lady of Lourdes and St. Bernadette will always be close to your heart.

Fatima is certainly the most relevant of the Marian apparitions of all-time, I’d have to say. Our Lady of Fatima has her own feast day - what other has been so enshrined in the Church’s Tradition?

I also wear the Miraculous Medal.

Catherine considered the child to be an angel, and likely her guardian angel.

I guess for me, seeing that I am a Carmelite, it would have to be Our Lady of Mount Carmel.

Other than that, while I may believe in various apparitions (only those approved of by the Church) they do not really play into my spiritual life all that much.

St Faustina and the Divine Mercy (this is not an apparition of Our Lady as it was Jesus who appeared to her) did play a big role in my spiritual life in the past and I am still interested in it and read her Diary every now and then and pray the chaplet on occasion.

I post this to clear up some misunderstand that some users here have as they have assumed that they know what is in my heart when I have, up until now, been silent on this.

1. Our Lady’s appearance to St. Simon Stock (OL of Mt Carmel)
  2. OL of Guadalupe

The ‘little boy’ who woke St. Catherine up was her guardian angel. She had prayed to him for the grace to see Our Lady, as well as to St. Vincent de Paul.

My favorite Marian apparitions:

Our Lady of Lourdes

Our Lady of Fatima

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal [Rue de Bac]

Our Lady of Knock

Our Lady of Mount Carmel

It’s so hard to choose just one!

Plus, I’ve been to the shrines of Lourdes, Fatima, Paris [Rue de Bac], and Aylesford [Our Lady of Mount Carmel].

And I was born in the Marian Year of 1954, on the Feast of Our Lady of Knock [that’s one Marian shrine I haven’t seen yet!] !

I challenge you to pray it before you say you love it. :wink:

My dear friend
My favourite is Fatima. This message is still valid today and it’s a message about the end times.
God bless and peace to you:thumbsup::slight_smile:

Our Lady of Guadalupe… having Juan Diego present the flowers to the bishop must have been spectacular… from it we have a self portrait of Our Lady in stunning attire. Doesn’t she have great taste !

[quote=barb finnegan;4988735**]The ‘little boy’ who woke St. Catherine up was her guardian angel. She had prayed to him for the grace to see Our Lady, as well as to St. Vincent de Paul.
[/quote]

My favorite Marian apparitions:

Our Lady of Lourdes

Our Lady of Fatima

Our Lady of the Miraculous Medal [Rue de Bac]

Our Lady of Knock

Our Lady of Mount Carmel

It’s so hard to choose just one!

Plus, I’ve been to the shrines of Lourdes, Fatima, Paris [Rue de Bac], and Aylesford [Our Lady of Mount Carmel].

And I was born in the Marian Year of 1954, on the Feast of Our Lady of Knock [that’s one Marian shrine I haven’t seen yet!] !

So, Catherine wished and hoped to see the Virgin Mary before the Virgin ever appeared to her? In other words it was an answered prayer?

Our Lady of Lourdes is particularly pulling to me. :heart:

Yes-for some time she had hoped to see Our Lady.

On the eve of the first apparition, the Novice Mistress gave a talk to Catherine and the other novices about devotion to St. Vincent de Paul [those days his feast fell on July 18-I think that’s the date]. She gave each novice a relic of a surplice of St. Vincent’s. When Catherine went to bed that night, she tore her piece in half and swallowed it, ‘confident that St. Vincent would obtain for me the grace to see the Blessed Virgin’ [her words].

If you can get the book, ‘St’ Catherine Laboure and the Miraculous Medal’ by Fr. Joseph Dirvin, CM, you’ll read this incident. The book is available through TAN Books & Publishers.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.