St. Patrick
St. Padre Pio
Pope St. Pius X
St. John Chrysostom
St. Francis of Assisi
St. Dominic
St. Anthony of Padua

60% Dominican!

I’ll see that, and raise you Sts. Peter of Verona, Vincent Ferrer, and Catherine of Siena!!!

St. Francis of Assisi. (If I had known I could have picked a male saint name for my confirmation, I would have picked his.)

I’ve always been partial to St. Germaine Cousin, a humble, sickly shepherdess who lived a hard, short life in miserable circumstances. She had a great devotion to the Holy Eucharist. I read her biography when I was quite young and her story has always stayed with me.

I think everybody loves the Blessed Mother, so here are my favorites besides her.

St. Nicholas is my patron. I love Christmas and always loved Santa Claus ever since I was little.

St. Michael very nearly became my patron. Protection against the devil and leader of the forces of God in the Heavenly battle against Satan and the fallen angels. I like that.

St. Maximilian Kolbe because he’s incredibly inspiring.

And of course St. Homobonus. Because it’s unfair that merely because of his admittedly comical name people laugh at him. And because he should be held up as a paragon of virtue next to unsavory business owners today.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Homobonus

I’m interpreting ‘favourite’ to mean ‘heart-felt favourite’ (so, not necessarily ‘admiration favourite’)…

My favourite saint is St Therese of Lisieux. When I was in France I visited some of her shrines and places she used to frequent in Lisieux… I visited that town because I somehow got her confused with St Bernadette (don’t ask) and wanted to visit her remains.

I purchased a book that covered a lot of what she actually believed in and what she wrote about. I was so drawn to her as a result - I almost feel like I know her personally. I don’t pray to her at length though do petition her every day… I just feel like she is a friend of mine in Heaven.

When I was in Lisieux I felt Therese more in the ancient cathedral of St Peter where she used to attend Mass as a girl than I did in the huge basilica they built for her on the hill. As an other aside, I still can’t understand why they use the fanciful paintings of her in holy cards when they have so many actual photographs of her that show aspects of her personality.

My favorite Saints, Saint Philomena, Saint Therese, Saint Bernadette, Saint Dymphna. Saint Padre Pio, Saint Francis of Assisi.

I came back to the Church at a conference at the University of Steubenville. My birthday is also on October 4th. For these reasons (and several others) my patron Saint is Saint Francis of Assisi, to the point where I model my lifestyle after his way of living. He’s #1, no contest.

Other personal favorites include (but are not limited to);

• Saint Isidore. As an IT technician he’s my vocational patron.
  • Saint Justin the Martyr. Probably my favorite of the Early Church Fathers due to his tremendous writing.
  • Saint Michael the Archangel, the leader of God’s Army.
  • Saint Faustina. If our child is going to be a girl, we’re naming her after Saint Faustina.
  • Saint Thomas, who traveled 4775 kilometers spreading the Gospel.
  • Although not yet a Saint (but he will be soon), Venerable John Henry Newman for his writings and his conversion story.
  • Venerable Pope John Paul II, the Pope of my youth/young adulthood.

St. Michael the Archangel for sure! Also St. Philomena - I always ask for her intercession to get to a Latin Mass or an orthodox Mass when I’m out of town or things like that. Also more recently St. Joan of Arc, my confirmation saint, because her story of being young and courageous continually comes to resemble, on a smaller scale, things in my life.

I love them all.

If I had to choose it would be Sts Dymphna, Therese of Lisieux, and Bernadette.

And of course our Blessed Mother!!!

Some my favorite saints include :

Saint Andrew is one of my favorite saints because he was the first one called to serve The Lord , and even when they where going to crucify him he decided not to die the way his Master had died.
http://timothyministries.org/images/crucifixion_of_SaintAndrew_by_CamilloRusconi.jpg
Saint Jose Maria Robles Hurtado , Mexican martyr, because he decided to take the loose from his executioner’s hand and put on himself. He did this so that the executioner wouldn’t commit the sin of murder.
http://www.kofc.org/un/cmf/images/pubs/columbia/Priest.jpg
Blessed Jose Sanchez del Rio , because he decided to die rather than deny The Lord ; he was only 14. The way he was martyred was cruel and inhumane : they cut of the bottom of his feet , cut him various times with a machetes , stabbed him with bayonets , and after so much torture they shot him.
http://ivevocations.org/scroll/picture/JoseLuisSanchezdelRio.jpg

And one should not forget about Sainte Marguerite Marie Alacoque.

I have several favorites. I admit that I am more drawn to the male saints than I am to the female ones. I don’t know why that is. Granted, I love Our Lady, especially Our Lady of Lourdes and to a degree Guadalupe and Fatima. However, my patron saint is St. Thomas Becket. I believe strongly that he had a role in my conversion to Holy Mother Church. Another favorite of mine is St. Thomas Aquinas since he was a scholar and I am a bit of a scholarly person myself. I also admire St. Francis of Assisi, St. Bernard of Clarivaux, St. Benedict, and St. Pope Pius V and X.

As for as female saints I like St. Catherine of Siena and St. Bernardette. If Lord willing, my husband and I can have children (which is very, very iffy right now. We are having trouble :frowning: ) and its a girl I will name her Bernardette and entrust her to Our Lady of Lourdes because we are sure it will take a miracle. If it is a boy, he will be named Thomas, after St. Thomas Becket of course :).

There are so many great saints, all with wonderful stories and gifts, but St. Paul of the Cross, founder of the Passionists has really led me to a deeper connection to Christ than all the rest.

I must admit, I didn’t connect with him right away, but in time I came to understand him very well. His thoughts on suffering are profound, his spiritual gifts of mysticism and ecstacies were awe-inspiring and his unwavering dedication to preaching Christ Crucified as the greatest means to finding His love, not to mention the many, many hardships he endured to start his congregation, all lead me to love and respect this man. He reminds me very much of Padre Pio.

To study the saints lives is to become closer to God. Through them all we can learn so much and if we follow their examples, we can lead a life of true holiness and faith. They are a blessing to us!:slight_smile:

I greatly admire Saint Francis de Sales, who was earnest, practical, kind-hearted and insightful in guiding individuals in a variety of personal circumstances away from sin and towards greater unity with God.

There are so many powerful saints in Heaven and I have several that i appeal to in times of need but my favorite is St. Jude. I suffered with a Cross for many years and I finally decided to ask St. Jude for help. The response was quick. I no longer carry that Cross. I know we pray to the saints but have you ever thought of putting those who are up for Sainthood but have not been canonized yet to the test? I have found great success by petitioning Pope John Paul the Great. He obtained many miracles for others through his prayers and intercession while still alive as I read in a book about him recently. Why not give him a try and if your miracle is great enough it may be investigated for his canonization. Another great Catholic was Josepha Menendez, a Nun who brought the Divine Mercy to the forefront in a powerful way before Sr. Faustina. Sr. Josepha was taken into Hell to suffer there for poor sinners. She suffered a great deal to bring Christ’s Mercy to poor sinners. She was almost completely unknown to anyone but a few who followed her case (her Superiors). Her story is an extraordinary one and she is worthy of your trust in obtaining Jesus mercy for you in your trials. For more info on her Google “Josepha Menendez.” Her story is an extraordinary one that will impress you with how much God Loves us. Also, Sr. Lucia of the Fatima apparitions is someone I pray to and although she has not been canonized yet I feel that the Virgin Mary’s promise to her that she would go to Heaven is a great promise that any petitions to her will be rewarded.

St. Rita of Cassia has been shown on EWTN several times this year, and the more I watch it, the more I am edified by her vocation as a wife, mother, nurse, and finally a nun. She believed that peace was the only hope for the two warring factions in Cassia, and made heroic attempts to bring that about. One little soul won this major victory! How inspiring!

But I would have to say St. Francis de Sales is my all-time favorite for many years. His *Introduction to a Devout Life *has brought holiness to many souls. He is appropriately the patron saint of writers. Maybe all of us could say a qjuick prayer to him before posting. :thumbsup:

First I pray always too OUR LADY JESUS than when I pray to Saint,s I pray too

ST Michael
             ST Anthony
              ST Rita
               OUR LADY OF MT> CARMEL
              PADRE PIO
              ST Anna
             ST Francis of Assises
             ST THERESE of the Child of JESUS
               ST Therese of Lisieux 
               ST Therese of the Little Flower 
                 ST BRIDGET
          and many more. It take me one and half hr,,s too pray devotely

Mine are St Thomas More , St Alphonsus Ligouri , St Anthony of Padua , St Thomas Aquinas , St John Damascene , St Robert Bellarmine , St Pope Pius the V and St Pope Pius the X and St Louis Marie de Montfort but then St Catherine of Siena and St Theresa of Liseaux and St Rose of Lima arent bad either…:slight_smile:

I agree with the others who say that it is difficult to choose only one, so I’ll give you my list, as others have done.

1. Mary (that one’s a given).
  2. St. Maximilian Kolbe.
  3. St. Pio of Pietrelcina.
  4. St. Francis of Assisi
  5. St. Maria Goretti.

Also, Bl. John Paul II, Bl. Mother Teresa of Calcutta as well as Bl. Clemmens Von Galen. Von Galen was the Bishop of Munster in Germany during WW II. He preached a series of sermons denouncing, among other things, the murder of the disabled by the Nazis. These displays of courage led to Von Galen being nicknamed “the Lion of Munster.”:knight1:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.