Your favourite Bible verses?

You’re allowed to mention only 3 :smiley:

Isaiah 53:5; “But he was pierced for our transgressions; he was crushed for our iniquities; upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace, and with his wounds we are healed”. This is a prophecy about Jesus.

John 3:16; “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life” It’s a perfect summary of the Gospel message.

There’s so much wisdom in those 2 verses. :extrahappy:

Matthew 10:34
“Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.”
Luke 22:36
“And he said unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise a wallet; and he that hath none, let him sell his cloak, and buy a sword.”
Luke 22:36
“It is written,” he said to them, “‘My house will be called a house of prayer,’ but you are making it ‘a den of robbers.’”

1 Timothy 1:15

1 Corinthians 13:13
Rev 21:4
Colossians 2:11-15

Psalm 73

21 And so when my heart grew embittered
and when I was cut to the quick,
22 I was stupid and did not understand,
no better than a beast in your sight.
23 Yet I was always in your presence;
you were holding me by my right hand. :heart:

The rest of my favorites are longer – whole stories, like the book of Tobit. :smiley:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.