Your favourite churches...show us!

Thank you so much for posting this ! The Reformed parish for which I’m as yet still working has a church which used to be dedicated to Saint Blaise, before the Reformation. I often think of him.

1 Like

Our Lady of the Assumption Cathedral of the Diocese of Boma in the Democratic Republic of the Congo.

5 Likes

Our Lady of the Rosary Cathedral, Kisangani, Democratic Republic of the Congo.

6 Likes

Sts. Peter and Paul Cathedral in Lubumbashi, Democratic Republic of the Congo.

6 Likes

I am glad to hear that! St. Blaise is very venerated here! We have also one church dedicated to him in Zagreb.
I will post it later.
:church:

1 Like

Parish church of st. Blaise, Zagreb Croatia
crkva_Sv_Blaza_Goran_Vranic

How can eye that has seen the light fall in love with darkness again? st. Blaise said that sentence to Roman prefect Agricola when he tortured him to leave christian faith.

7 Likes

The Cathedral of Jesus Saviour of the World in the Diocese of Rrëshen, Albania.

2 Likes

St Paul’s Cathedral of the Archdiocese of Tiranë-Durrës in Albania.

2 Likes

St Stephen’s Cathedral of the Archdiocese of Shkodër-Pult, Albania.

3 Likes

Transfiguration of Our Lord Orthodox Church in Ninilchik, Alaska:

5 Likes

Namcheon Cathedral in Busan. The windows are really cool.
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g297884-d8285483-Reviews-Namcheon_Cathedral_of_the_Holy_Cross-Busan.html#photos;aggregationId=101&albumid=101&filter=7&ff=238394266

1 Like

Why is it prohibited? Also what does that Latin inscription say?

I.e. unworthy. :disappointed_relieved:

His feast is March 1 on the Byzantine calendar.

There’s a popular Greek Catholic hymn to St. Nicholas but I can’t post it.

I actually don’t know why it’s prohibited. If I had to make a guess it would be because so many people go there specifically to pray and climb the Holy Stairs on their knees, and they want to preserve the privacy of that kind of experience.

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.