Your Help Needed to Keep Teenage Threesome off the Air

Your Help Needed to Keep Teenage Threesome off the Air

our Help Needed to Keep Teenage Threesome off the Air
Contact your local CW station
The CW Television Network executives, together with the producers of the teen-targeted drama series Gossip Girl, are planning to feature major characters in a three-way sexual encounter on the upcoming November 9th broadcast.

[FONT=Arial]► [FONT=Arial]Click here[/FONT][/FONT] to watch the CW Network’s own on-air promotion of this episode.

Gossip Girl is one of the most-watched broadcast television programs for teenaged girls, and the CW Network has used disgusting marketing ploys to encourage them to do so.

A story line such as this one in a program that expressly targets impressionable teenagers is reckless and irresponsible. As a partner in the Parents Television Council’s mission to protect children and families from graphic material such as this, your help is urgently needed.

The PTC is calling on all CW affiliates to preempt the November 9 episode. We need your voice, together with others in your community, to speak out against material like this from airing over the publicly owned airwaves.

“The CW has been winning Monday nights on the strength of “Gossip Girl,” dominating the target demographics of women 18-34 and 12-34.”

That’s right… twelve.

This is horrendous. The allure of a threesome over men is legendary and powerful. It is the most acceptable form of adultery–but more than acceptable, the very idea is widely (among men) CELEBRATED. When I got married, before I converted to Catholicism, I often told my wife how much I wanted to have a threesome. Looking back, I’m so, so, so glad we never did, and so glad she saw past my evil desires and stuck with me.

Ughh… but who knows, maybe the show will exhibit the emotional scaring always implicit in such an act? :slight_smile:

When realize how much young girls emulate this show, from speech to the way they dress…you realize how scary this is :mad:

What is that is written about it being better to cast yourself into the ocean with a stone tied around you than to corrupt one of the little ones. These writers know the demographic….

Just an FYI - I put in my zip code and scrolled through the list and found my CW but it listed it as a printed letter only. So I went to the actual website and found an area where I could enter in my complaint that way.

What’s CW? I just have basic cable.

You should have it even if you don’t have cable. It’s the merger of UPN and WB. In my area, it’s the same channel that UPN used to be, but that may not be the same for your area.

I just looked it up on the internet and its says it is the Official Site of the Gossip Girls. I don’t think I have it, but I hardly ever watch TV anyway. Too boring.

I can’t imagine how this got approved by the network! Doesn’t anyone have young daughters in Hollywood?

And I was even more blown away, when I saw CW local website that was promoting the episode…one of the banner ads on the page was for a Catholic college (Not my own). Yikes.

I know in this day and age that it’s good business to get your name out there, but CW’s programming in general is pretty sleazy…sans Gossip Girls. Why on earth would someone who does marketing for a Catholic institution, even if they were not a believer themselves, think that advertising on that station is worthwhile? Even if the placement costs were cheap, it’s not the only TV station in town.

Perhaps to reach the unchurched? Jesus went where the sinners were; maybe this particular Catholic institution thought it would be a good idea to emulate Him. :wink:

Yes! Let’s hope for this!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.