Your Opinion Of Benny Hinn??

I saw a show on Benny Hinn and how he was exposed as a fake. His cars, his mansion and his clothes are very pricey. Is there anyone here that dares to follow this man? Do you believe him?? Is he condemned to hell? I find it almost comical, I’d like other opinions as well.

You have attacked me, your children will pay for it." TBN,Benny Hinn

“Years ago they used to preach, ‘O we are going to walk on streets of gold.’ I would say, ‘I don’t need the gold up there. I’VE GOT TO HAVE IT DOWN HERE’” Praise-a-Thon,TBN,

You need a Holy Ghost enema right up your rear end. Suzanne Hinn

Benny Hinn: People around the world, who will lose loved ones, will say to undertakers, ah, not yet. I want to take my dead loved one, and place them in front of that TV set for twenty-four hours. I see, quite something amazing. I see rows of um, of caskets, lining up, in front of this TV set, and I see them bringing them closer to the TV set. And as people are coming closer I see, uh - actually, loved ones picking up the hands of the dead and letting them touch the screen. And people are getting - getting raised as their hands are touching that screen … Praise The Lord program broadcast on TBN
biblelight.net/Hinn-Dead-Raised-1.html

I’m confused. Are you for him or against him? :confused:

Hinn. What a huckster!
Good for a laugh.
I do feel sorry for all those people who think he’s “the one”.
Notice, after he is announced, the music starts up and…How Great Thou Art plays as he enters the stage.
Unlike Swaggert, the misguided, I do not think Hinn believes one word he says. It’s all about the money.

You have attacked me, your children will pay for it." TBN,Benny Hinn

23 Now therefore behold the Lord hath given a lying spirit in the mouth of all thy prophets that are here, and the Lord hath spoken evil against thee.

You really have to ask?:confused:

A Protestant from the Bible Belt chimes in…:slight_smile:
He is a shyster of the highest order and he preys on the sick and elderly.
WP

I don’t know about him.

I was flipping through the channels one day and stopped on his show because I saw a nun on the stage at one of his (I guess his) outdoor events.

Anyway, through her interpreter, I found out that she just loves Benny Hinn for bringing Jesus Christ to the people.

And Benny Hinn just loves Catholic Sisters. In fact, he was raised by Catholic Sisters.

Recon the whole thing was staged?

Your Opinion Of Benny Hinn??

Love the hair, baby :smiley:

yikes:(

I actually pray for Benny Hinn. I used to get upset, but the best way to help people who have been duped by people like Hinn, is to pray for him. Pray that he will change his ways.:o

Jim Bakker said in his autobiography that he never read the whole Bible until he was in Prison. Interesting…

I have to admit that Benny Hinn is someone that I do not have a high opinion of. His shows are staged and I suspect that this sister he knows is probably staged too.

He has been caught in lies before when he made claims about knowing catholic sisters. Those who have interviewed the people Benny Hinn claimed to know actually debunked many of his claims.

For example, Hinn claimed to have preached at an all-girls Catholic school in Jerusalem in 1976 and “every single girl in that school got saved, including all the nuns.” Since there’s only one Catholic girls school in Jerusalem, Schmidt’s Girls College, it was a fairly easy matter to question all the nuns who were there in 1976, as well as Father Dusind, who has overseen all religious instruction since 1955. The result? “This is nonsense, real nonsense,” Dusind told Fisher and Goedelman. “It never happened and could not happen because a Charismatic healer or Protestant preacher would never ever be let in to talk to the girls.”

As another example, Hinn also claimed to have went into a Catholic hospital in Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, and healed everyone there. The way Hinn told it, he, three other Pentecostal preachers, and seven Catholic priests held a service together in the hospital chapel, where everyone went to work with “anointing bottles,” and patients were healed instantly. They were then asked to lay hands on all the patients in the hospital’s rooms, so Hinn and his “Miracle Invasion” team went down the hall healing people, knocking them down with God’s power, until “the hospital looked like it had been hit by an earthquake.”

The reality - easily confirmed by speaking to officials at Sault Ste. Marie General Hospital and the Gray Sisters of the Immaculate Conception who work there - is that no patients were released the day Hinn held a small service in the chapel and that, furthermore, “Mr. Hinn’s claims are outlandish and unwarranted.”

Sorry, I get it now, must be the age…:wink:

Benny Hinn???
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

This is absolutely untrue. Here we go again with the Catholics.:yawn:

My Christian friends have always really liked Benny Hinn and think he’s great. For myself, I had never seen him before, but I saw his show and something bothered me at lot, I couldn’t pin it down. I thought most of it was an act, and at worst quite malicious. When I later found out that he really wasn’t a nice person, I was relieved my gut reaction was right.

my opinion? It’s not really nice to say, so I should just keep my mouth shut. :wink:

Benny Hinn was the final thing that convinced me that God was leading me elsewhere than the evangelical Christianity I’d been brought up in. When everyone else was saying how good he was and I was really disturbed by him; I thought I was just being unspiritual or something, but finding out how strange his beliefs are ect it made me think hmm maybe I really am discerning God’s will with things.

I can’t speak for Benny Hinn except to say that from a catholic perspective, a lot of his teachings raise serious concerns among theologians. :confused:

However, I can speak about his followers. Benny Hinn came to UK to perform. I received a phone call from an acquaintance I had met only once, and then only briefly. I was amazed she had my telephone number. As she would be travelling a long way to see Benny Hinn, could I provide a bed for the night. This I agreed.

Then I was asked if I could provide a bed for a male friend. Then three then four. In a spirit of Christian charity, I agreed although it would be difficult to accomodate four people in my home as I have only one spard bedroom.

I got enough food in to feed them. Then a week before, I received a call to ask what sleeping provision I had made. I was astonished to learn during the call that ‘the four’ had invited ten more WITHOUT ASKING ME! My hospitality was assumed. It was known by the one person I vaguely knew, that I was ill at the time. Finding accommodation for one was all that I could reasonably manage.

The reason they gave was that all the accommodation had been taken. Apart from sleeping rough, they had nowhere else to stay. I thought of the Holy Family when they went to Bethlehem and found no accommodation. I panicked, dashed out, spent money I could ill aford in an effort to feed fourteen people.

Then two days before they were due to arrive, I received a call to say that as they had not visited this part of the country before, they planned to worship Benny Hinn and stay over for a few days.

I was unable to sleep with the worry. I didn’t know any of these people. How was I going to accomodate 14-people [male and female] for a few days in a small two bedroom bungalow?

My suggestion that they made a contribution towards the cost of their food was met with derision: in their church ‘it is the duty of the host to make provision’!

Then I was given a list of places I was expected to take them. I told them I would be working. Only working sessional I have to take the work when it is there. Cannot afford to take time off to provide a free taxi service.

In the worry of it all, I prayed about it and felt the answer I was getting, was that I was being exploited. I rang and informed I was calling it off. I and my small home could not be used in this way. I felt terribly guilty doing this. They informed that I ‘need not worry, they would happily sleep rough’. It was hardly surprising seeings I was a Roman Catholic, they would have expected nothing less than me to pull the plug at the last moment’!

I later learned there was loads of accomodation available and it was much nearer, in the city where they would be attending the Benny Hinn concert.

I donated the perishable food I had bought to a poor family.The name Benny Hinn does not conjure up pleasant feelings for me. Neither does the name ‘Evangelical’. I will be very sceptical next time an Evangelical asks me for a favour.

That’s one wild story, but the inset above troubles me. Can you explain?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.