Your Prayers Desired

Hi folks,

Well, we’ve moved to a new place to do my 3rd and 4th year of med school. If it’s possible, I’m going to go check out the local Catholic church next Sunday.

I’m toying with the idea of RCIA, but the possibilty exists that I won’t do it, too. For one thing my schedule might be very impossible when school starts again. Third and fourth year are “hands-on” and there will be times when I’ll be on call and everything. For another I still haven’t made up my mind.

I’m sort of clinging to a dim hope that if I join the RCIA class this September, I’ll be able to follow it all the way through. If not, then okay. I’m just playing with the idea for now.

If you would, pray for me. Like I said, I might not, but I think I’d like to, at this point. It’s mostly my husband that will be the biggest obstacle. But I have some things I’m still unsure about as well. I don’t know. I know if he were to say, “Yes, yes go be Catholic, I’m fine with it,” I’d go kicking down the door to the church and beg for instant confirmation. :smiley: But alas, perhaps I want it to be too easy. (And yes, I"ve heard Scott and Kimberly Hahn’s testimony)

I guess I just want to know that I’m in your prayers. Now that the craziness of moving has ended I’ll be able to resume my own saying of the rosary. I guess I’d also like to know that whether or not I ever convert I’d still be welcome here. I love it here. :love:

I will sure pray for you! The world needs all the doctors it can get and med school is a grinder. Yikes!

I hope you will find a way to begin RCIA or at least duck into mass once a week. Although I’m not “officially” Catholic, yet, I find such strength and peace and encouragement in mass and Adoration. I am being fed even though I am not in communion with the Church. It seems miraculous to me. You may find a lot of sustenance in just being present for an hour every week.

God bless you and keep you going through the tough stuff! :slight_smile:

Thanks a zillion Elizabeth. I’m crazy about Mass and I’m like you. Even though I’m a bit of an outsider, I like it very much. Thank you for your prayers.

Curious,

I am just curious , what Church background will you be coming from?

I will pray for you. I was in your position about 2 years ago - wanting to do RCIA but thinking of all the reasons I shouldn’t. (including a husband who was so less than thrilled with my newfound religion) I decided no to the RCIA but I still went to mass - a year went by and then I was ready to take the plunge. I have to tell you that becoming Catholic is the BEST thing I’ve ever done in my life - it’s brought me so much happiness & peace - feelings, I think, that come from knowing that I am just where God wants me to be. I had felt that call for so long & tried to ignore it… but God just doesn’t give up. Perhaps you know what I’m talking about?? And if you don’t - if you aren’t certain if God is pulling you in this direction… keep saying that rosary… his Mother wil let you know! :wink:

God Bless you,
CM

[quote=Curious]… I guess I’d also like to know that whether or not I ever convert I’d still be welcome here. I love it here. :love:
[/quote]

Curious,

While I would be overjoyed to hear of anybody joining the Catholic Church I will certainly continue to welcome you here under any circumstance. Conversion is not a condition of friendship.

• Liberian

To Joey: My church background is closest to Protestant “non-denomational”. I was at a Baptist church when I was much younger and then moved on to more charismatic non-denom-ish churches.

To carol marie: You know exactly where I am and I love that. I’m sure many converts here have experienced extremely difficult lives as the result of their conversion. If I manage to work through the other things and take the plunge, I need the courage follow God no matter what. I’ve said this before in a PM to someone, and I’m sorry to say my state is no better now, but my spiritual state in general is pretty shabby. I mean, how am I supposed to figure out what God wants me to do if I’m not even communicating with Him? You know? But anyway…thanks for your comfort and your prayers. Even if I don’t do RCIA I’ll still continue to pop in at Mass even though it tears me all to pieces. And yes…I think I might be “feeling the call” even though I’ve tried very hard to attribute this to “my latest obsession” or something.

To Liberian: Thank you. :slight_smile:

I guess the first thing I need to do is get regular with God. I’m just so out of the habit now. So in addition, pray that I’ll get the discipline to start jawing with the Boss again and reading my Bible and stuff. I’ve said it a million times that I need to get with it. It’s time for action.

Thanks guys. I usually hate to request prayer for stuff - it makes me feel all wimpy and needy. But I appreciate it.

Thanks guys. I usually hate to request prayer for stuff - it makes me feel all wimpy and needy. But I appreciate it.

Jesus humbled Himself to become man–the servant is no better than the Master–you are being Christ-like when you ask for prayers. My prayers are with you and with your husband.:gopray2: :heart:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.