Your thoughts on Joy Behar?

I am just sick and tired of her nasty comments regarding Catholics. Now she says we’re all schizophrenics (sp?). I don’t understand why people like her are allowed to bash Catholics openly without consequence but there is NO way anybody could ever make those types of comments about say, the Jewish or Muslim religion. Your comments?

She said that there are no more Saints because modern medicine has provided medicine to help people not hear voices anymore. :mad: I don’t think that she understands what a Saint is.

If someone publically made such a stupid comment on Muslims, Buddhist or Hindus the press would be calling for them to loose their jobs. I don’t want her to get fired but she should have to at least apologize for making such a dumb statement.

On the plus side, maybe this will be an opportunity to educate the public about what Sainthood actually means.

I don’t have a link to this story, although I read it this morning. Could someone please provide a link?

Here’s the story:
foxnews.com/story/0,2933,321472,00.html

I wish it would be an opportunity to educate the public on what sainthood actually means, but in this world of soundbite news, I doubt it’ll happen :frowning: but we can try at least to teach those in our own lives right? :thumbsup:

The simplest answer as to why it’s OK to bash Catholics (but not any other religious group): the TRUTH is always assaulted the most. :rolleyes: :wink:

Let’s hear her *dare *bash Bl. Mother Teresa! :wink: I didn’t read the story because I don’t want my blood pressure to go through the roof, but from what I’ve heard, maybe this woman thinks a Saint is the same as a visionary? And if she claims there are no more visionaries, she couldn’t be further from the truth (at least as far as “claimed” visionaries go–not so sure of Church-approved ones). It really boggles my mind how someone can be so very opinionated on a topic that she obviously knows little-to-none about…:hmmm: Guess it just goes to show that saying is true: very few people actually hate the Catholic Church, but millions hate what they mistakenly believe to be the Catholic Church.

I had the TV on yesterday as background noise and was only half listening to the View. But in addition to the comments on saints and modern medicine I believe someone (not sure who) also said Catholics pray to statues. :shrug: I am so tired of her comments it seams that because she was once Catholic she can say anything she wants. :mad:

Come on… Joy Behar has been a Catholic basher for years… and she thinks she is funny… I can’t stand The View because they certainly don’t represent me or any women I know…

Yes I think it is unfair that the last politically correct bias remaining is Catholics, but we have some choices here… just don’t watch the show! You see people like her are paid in proportion to the amount of viewers they have… more viewers = more they can charge for advertising = more they can pay their people… so don’t watch, discourage others from watching but don’t throw a fit about it because that just causes the ratings to go up… look at what happened during the whole Rosie thing… more people watched.

I would love to see a class A deformation of character suit, but where to find saints and a lawyer that would meet in one room together???

Everyone here is complaining - has anyone called ABC yet? Has anyone called the sponsors who advertise during that show and complained?

I have no problem whatsoever with her loosing her job. Don Imus lost his job for inappropriate comments, I don’t see her behavior as being any different.

I can’t stand The View - I think it went into the toilet when Star Jones joined the show. It was nice the first season, but they have just gone completely over board and become obnoxious and insulting women. Not exactly the roll models this country needs.

~Liza

[SIGN]It really boggles my mind how someone can be so very opinionated on a topic that she obviously knows little-to-none about…[/SIGN]

This is what the show consists of. This show was no exception.
Did you hear that Rosie said that twin towers were burned down by the government?

Watching this show is a waste of time, even on a good day.

How do you find out who the sponsers are? I am afraid that any kind of boycott would just get her more attention.:frowning:

Liza… I just got done sending them an email letting them know what I thought…
abc.go.com/daytime/theview/ask?sent

I must say Joy Behar has gone over the top with her comments about saints and mental illness. I guess she will get away with it as long as she pulls in viewers… the problem with that is that your viewers are doing the same thing to her that they did to Rosie… watching a train wreck in slow motion, and they just can’t seem to pull their eyes away… So sad that Joy is such a bitter and unhappy person that she feels the need to constantly take jabs at Christians. It makes me just want to ask---- Joy, why so bitter and angry? Would you like a whole bunch of us who love Christ and believe in saints to pray for you?

If you truly want a show that represents American women, try getting some real women on your show. Real women don’t belittle spiritual beliefs; Real women don’t cringe at breastfeeding; Real women wouldn’t go out of their way to fight with anyone, let alone Donald Trump. Of course real women aren’t your target audience, real women aren’t sitting in front of their tv’s watching your show… they are out in the real world taking care of business… working, rearing children, helping others, and even being the saints of today.

Wow am I disappointed!

I sent an e-mail to the show yesterday afternoon, I am sure it wont even be read but it did make me feel better. :slight_smile:

Great idea! I really feel more sorry for her than anything.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou amongst women and blessed is the Fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen. Mother Mary, please help Joy to live up to her name and be filled with the Joy only Your Son can bring. We ask this in Jesus’ name. Amen.

Wouldn’t the secular world just love it if there was a pill that would fix all of us Christians?:smiley:

As far as Joy, yes I’m rather bothered by this. How does this differ from the Don Imus incident? For many Catholics, our faith is just as important as our race. It’s who we are.

Stereotypical ex-catholic. The view will probably be hearing from The Catholic League soon. Although it doesn’t look like past complaints have done any good.:shrug:

I sometimes watch, to see what stupid things fly out of their mouths. I am never disappointed!

I also sent one and hope that more people do. To the Views abc.go.com/daytime/theview/ask link and to abc’s link abc.go.com/site/contactus.html
It will only do something if MANY MANY MANYpeople speak up and be heard.
One thing I would say as far as being a sponsor. Please do not hold this against your local sponsors. I am a business owner, and I know when I pay for commercials to be aired, sometimes I get the opportunity to pick a time slot (say 10am to 11am), although at times they just put us in as fillers. Now the national sponsors you can complain to them as much as you want. Just know there is a BIG difference with your local sponsors.

This show in my mind does not rate watching. I have a long list of shows that don’t rate watching.I don’t watch them. I complain once about them, letting the network know I will not be watching and why. Then, I block them.

Fortunately, the rest of the country (secular or religious) writes the show off as being nothing but a bunch of gossiping hens with no substance. The View has been ridiculed for years from all sides. The truth is, no one cares about Joy Behar or what she has to say.

We can hope that is true, although, they would not be on the air if that is how the majority of the country or even the majority of the daytime viewers thought. If they were not getting the ratings they would be cancelled.
I am not sure where to find it, although I will ask my husband to look up the ratings for this show, I think you might be suprised how many people ARE watching it.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
OMGoodness… that made me laugh so hard my co-worker thinks I am a nut case… oh wait… I believe in saints… the voices told me too… I may need one of those pills!

agree,agree,agree. I DON"T watch the show but heard all about it on FOX news this AM. Also, I did e-mail abc.com and give them my 2 cents. I’m sure they’d take it a little more seriously if several diocese’ or archdiocese’ would also e-mail and threaten boycott of ALL their parishioners…twk

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.