Your top 5 favorite Old Testament saints?

My ones:

1. King David

2. Tobias

3. Patriarch Judah

4. Prophet Nathan

5. Prophet Samuel

1. Solomon
  2. Samuel the Judge
  3. Abraham
  4. Moses
  5. Job

Ohhh I love Job! Damn should have included him in my list. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm… so many great people to choose from!

1. Job
  2. Rahab
  3. King David
  4. Daniel
  5. Hosea

Job
Ruth
Daniel
Isaiah
David

Judas Maccabeus. If I had kids and thought I could get away with it, I’d name my son after him.

1. Elijah

2. David

3. Solomon

4. Moses

5. Samson

Ah, I can’t believe I forgot Elijah! He was extraordinary. :slight_smile:

1. John the Baptist (Didn’t he die before the New Covenant was completed?)
  2. Elijah
  3. David
  4. Job
  5. Moses

Four come to my mind:

1. Elijah, because he doesn’t play:

23 He went up from there to Bethel, and while he was going up on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him, saying, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!” And he turned around, and when he saw them, he cursed them in the name of the Lord. And two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the boys. From there he went on to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria.

1. Jael, because she doesn’t play, either:

He asked for water, she gave him milk; She brought him cream in a lordly dish. She stretched forth her hand to the nail, Her right hand to the workman’s hammer, And she smote Sisera; she crushed his head, She crashed through and transfixed his temples. At her feet he curled himself, he fell, he lay still; At her feet he curled himself, he fell; And where he curled himself, let it be, there he fell dead."

1. Joseph, because he knew how to make the most out of a bad situation:

“But have me in thy remembrance when it shall be well with thee, and show kindness, I pray thee, unto me, and make mention of me unto Pharaoh, and bring me out of this house.”

1. And Abraham, because of his faith:

"1 Now the LORD said unto Abram: 'Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto the land that I will show thee.So Abram went, as the LORD had spoken unto him; and Lot went with him; and Abram was seventy and five years old when he departed out of Haran. "

David
Abraham
Joseph, son of Jacob
Solomon
Moses

Prophet St Zechariah son of Berechiah
Prophet St Jeremiah
Prophet St Job
Prophet and King St David
Prophet St Moses

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.