You're STILL protesting!

Guys,

I know there are many Protestants out there who are NOT anti-Catholic which is good, BUT in a way they are still protesting against the CC! Why? If Jesus really INTENDED THE CC TO BE HIS CHURCH, the non-Catholics who aren’t anti-Catholic MIGHT think, “well, the CC is just another denomination so we’ll still worship God the way WE THINK” or might think, "I/we think Catholics worship God beautifully but I’m/we’re still comfortable the way we/I worship and I’m not going to change it.

Or, “Catholic believe that praying to the Saints and Mary will help them but that’s their religion and that’s fine! We wont do that, we’ll just go to God alone”.

Or might think, “sure, let the Catholics go to a priest to have their sins forgiven but I don’t feel comfortable doing that…why not go to God alone?”…

…and what if Jesus REALLY INTENDED US TO GO TO A PRIEST!!! You’re still protesting against His Church!!

My point is for the most part, is that it’s NOT ABOUT OPINIONS when it comes to the Truth! If Jesus intended us to go to a priest to have our sins forgiven, it may not FEEL comfortable for Catholics but we still do it because Jesus MEANT that! It’s not about feeling “comfortable” about it and not going! Make sense?

It could go on and on…

But this is my own view of it because I used to be a Protestant! Does anyone understand my point of view here? I’m not trying to be mean to non-Catholics or anything…I’m just making a point!

Maybe – and I’m reaching here – those silly Protestants think that Jesus didn’t intend our Church to be His church, or maybe not his only Church? Maybe they think that Jesus really didn’t intend for us to go to a priest to have our sins forgiven?

I know. I’m reaching.

You are convinced you’ve found the one true Faith. Good. Welcome. But many others are also convinced they’ve found the one true faith, and it’s not the same as yours.

Heck, even our interpretations of the one true Faith might differ, eh?

A protest requires an open decision with full knowledge. There are plenty of people that do not have enough knowledge to make a full decision against the CC, for various reasons. I think you will find most protestants are by birth rather than conversion, or if they are, are ignorant of any teachings of the CC.

Christ is just. One day, all will be revealed.

Do not worry yourself with the troubles of others.

In Christ.

Andre.

[quote=Magicsilence]A protest requires an open decision with full knowledge.
[/quote]

That is true. I guess if they don’t know, then just say, “you’re fine?”

[quote=Paris Blues]That is true. I guess if they don’t know, then just say, “you’re fine?”
[/quote]

We all have a requirement to speak the Truth to all those who do not know it. Whether or not they listen is regardless, Our Lord wants us to spread the Truth to as many as possible.

But are they really fine? Being ignorant of CC teachings does not render one worthy of heaven, Christ will judge fairly, but will not simply overlook people because they have not heard of the CC. I have to say, that without the CC, it would have been, at least for me, very very very difficult to know what to do for Christ.

You have a duty to speak the Gospel of Our Lord to them.

[quote=Magicsilence]We all have a requirement to speak the Truth to all those who do not know it. Whether or not they listen is regardless, Our Lord wants us to spread the Truth to as many as possible.

You have a duty to speak the Gospel of Our Lord to them.
[/quote]

Quite interesting. Where I live, S.E. Pa, we refer to that as testifying. Usually employed by JW and several other Sects. In the morning paper, letters to the Editor. They write in and may add a sentence to a topic under discussion. Then cite one or two verses from the Bible, always giving the reference and that’s it. Best I can come up with off the top of my head, they believe their accumulating points in Heaven. It’s not all that popular with other readers. Dan

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.