YouTube hits 1 billion views a day

SAN FRANCISCO, Oct. 9 (Xinhua) – YouTube on Friday said it has reached a new milestone by achieving over 1 billion views a day on the world’s most popular video-sharing website. “Today, I’m proud to say that we have been serving well over a billion views a day on YouTube,” Chad Hurley, chief executive officer and co-founder of YouTube, announced in a blog posting, calling it “great moment in our short history.”

YouTube, founded by Chad Hurley, Steve Chen and Jawed Karim in February 2005, was bought by Internet search giant Google for 1.65billion U.S. dollars in November 2006. “Three years after the acquisition, our platform and our business continue to grow and evolve,” said Hurley.

“As bandwidth has increased, so has our video quality. As we’ve started to see demand for longer, full-length content, we’ve brought more shows and movies to the site,” he added. “We’re working hard to keep up with the fast pace of technology to bring you everything you would expect from the world’s largest video site,” Hurley noted.

news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-10/10/content_12203101.htm

I suspect that figure might have to double pretty soon due to this revelation;

Secular Humanism is a Religion; US Supreme Court

You can’t beat “Freedom of Video” …:smiley:

{{is that in the Constitution…yet :blush:}}

I love that video, lol, thanks for the Link! :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s a good series, very well done, I watched most of the rest. I have to be careful, though, now I want to go to Hawaii and break in to wherever Hawaii stores its records a la Mission Impossible so I can find President Obama’s real birth certificate…I’m a sucker for conspiracy theories.

Anyways, I wonder if anyone will ever usurp Youtube’s control of internet media! A billion hits a day? Maybe newspapers should switch to an all Youtube format!

I liked the line suggesting Christians could move mountains - if they had the faith of Atheists.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.