YouTube memes using Hitler movie clip

Using a clip from the German film, *Der Untergang (2004)

**Hitler Rails Against Pope Benedict*

Hitler learns of Pope Benedict's popularity and blows his top. A quick way to learn about the issues in Benedict's pontificate.

I got so confused…i thought you were referring to Benedict XV but I thought Benedict XV was the pope during the first World War. lol I understand now, the video is wonderful!

[quote="buffalo, post:1, topic:187009"]
Hitler Rails Against Pope Benedict

Hitler learns of Pope Benedict's popularity and blows his top. A quick way to learn about the issues in Benedict's pontificate.

[/quote]

I'm really amused of some of the Hitler meme videos (adding humorous subtitles to a clip of a movie about the dictator's last days). However, this thread should be moved to the Back Fence forum as it's not an otherwise informative thread (and could be taken way out of context).

I just barely realized that my name in this site is the femenine version of Benedict.;)

Anyways that was really funny but I think it might have been funnier had I not seen the one about the Scott Brown election first. Still, it holds up. I wonder what he's really saying, one of the many times I've wished I could speak German. I think it has to do with Stalingrad.

there's this same scene but the subtitles point to Hitler finding out that Michael Jackson has died, and he was angry because he just bought tickets to his comeback conert in London

very funny too

i wonder how many other skits were made from this scene?

There’s another popular one where Hitler whines about getting banned from World of Warcraft.

Then again, like all WoW parodies it might only make sense to those familiar with the game. :nerd:

If you haven't seen this yet be careful -- you might annoy your neighbors with extra loud laughter...

youtube.com/watch?v=fCJPmvfU4Ow

Hitler obviously hates Manny Pacquiao as well (Filipino boxer, for those who don't know): youtube.com/watch?v=MVBwuHWGXvQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=i_81AKHAOdU

Cute. I wonder if we'll see a shot of the Papal flag flying over the LA cathedral ala the storming of the Reichstag. :p

Thanks to Youtube and "Downfall" we get to see ol' Adolf thwarted in any number of ways.

[quote="Adeodatus, post:9, topic:187009"]
Cute. I wonder if we'll see a shot of the Papal flag flying over the LA cathedral ala the storming of the Reichstag. :p

Thanks to Youtube and "Downfall" we get to see ol' Adolf thwarted in any number of ways.

[/quote]

Actually I think ABp. Gomez is going to be extremely subtle and effective.

This is sick.

I disagree with the reference to the "army of permanent deacons".

*Thank God for laughter! *

If we couldn't laugh, we'd have to cry all day long!

Sancta Maria, Mater Dei, Ora Pro Nobis Peccatoribus!

mark

Two rather opposite videos:

Hitler enraged that “Downfall” is being parodied.

Hitler enraged that “Downfall” parodies are being taken down
. [LANGUAGE WARNING]

[quote="didymus, post:14, topic:187009"]
Two rather opposite videos:

Hitler enraged that "Downfall" is being parodied.

Hitler enraged that "Downfall" parodies are being taken down
. [LANGUAGE WARNING]

[/quote]

This movie from where the famous clip was derived was a 2004 Oscar nominee for Best Foreign Film.

My understanding is that many more people have downloaded or bought the complete movie as a **result **of this powerful clip--which has been made into one of the most humorous things to come from the internet in many years.

I'm not into copyright infringement or softening the evil of a villain, but to turn Hitler into a comedy act, even a work of commentary, is a masterpiece work. It certainly didn't hurt the movie producers now, but they have yet to realize that, I figure.

Even the director of the film loved the clips. He never foresaw how well his work would be appreciated.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.