Youtube

Hey guys,

I recently read an article about the woman who was killed by her husband, the olympic runner athlete. It said in the article she was on a reality tv show. I already knew she was a model. I decided to search her name on youtube to see if they had clips of her on this reality show to see what show it was. I kinda knew in the back of mind this wasn;t a good idea though. I searched her name and the first thumbnail that popped up was her in a bikini. I turned away and closed the browser. My question to you is this... is that a mortal sin because I searched for her knowing I could have come across an image like that? or am being scrupulous?

[quote="nderose, post:1, topic:315515"]
Hey guys,

I recently read an article about the woman who was killed by her husband, the olympic runner athlete. It said in the article she was on a reality tv show. I already knew she was a model. I decided to search her name on youtube to see if they had clips of her on this reality show to see what show it was. I kinda knew in the back of mind this wasn;t a good idea though. I searched her name and the first thumbnail that popped up was her in a bikini. I turned away and closed the browser. My question to you is this... is that a mortal sin because I searched for her knowing I could have come across an image like that? or am being scrupulous?

[/quote]

Scrupulous.

I agree. You “thought” you might come across something like that, but you didn’t dwell on it.

Unless you were searching to find those kinds of images, you're being scrupulous.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.