You've Heard People Compare Trump to Hitler. So We Asked a Woman Who Was Born in Nazi Germany

"What is going on in this country is giving me chills. Trump is not like Hitler. Just because a leader wants order doesn’t mean they’re like a dictator.

What reminds me more of Hitler than anything else isn’t Trump, it’s the destruction of freedom of speech on the college campuses — the agendas fueled by the professors.

That’s how Hitler started, he pulled in the youth to miseducate them, to brainwash them, it’s happening today."

ijr.com/2017/02/797086-youve-heard-people-compare-trump-to-hitler-so-we-asked-a-woman-who-was-born-in-nazi-germany/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Thank you Gilliam.

I had set up a scholarship fund in my will – very generous. As I watch what is unfolding on the college campuses, I am rethinking the wisdom of that designation. I believe I am not the only alumni to reconsider such donations. Some will do it publicly like Dilbert; others will do it quietly. The interview is on the money.

Independent Journal Review is a right-wing site known for spreading false stories. I would be very suspicious of this story.

I’m not familiar with the INdependent Journal Review, but I am familiar with some universities. Among them is Mizzou where the board of curators gave way to the demands of radicals and, as a consequence, cost the University something like $30 million in alumni donations, and rightly so.

Thank you for posting this. I fully agree. The liberals have been “brainwashing” youth through the education system for about 30 years now. The whole you have to accept everyone and everything no matter their actions movement is misguided.

My wife has a coworker whose mom was a to ng girl in Germany during WWII. She would be upset frequently when Obama was in office and say what going on in the country was just like what she saw happening in then.

Neither Donald Trump nor college professors are in any way comparable to Hitler. Period.

Suspicious of what aspect of the story?

If you want to check out a site that aggregates stories about bias and abuse on college campuses.

campusreform.org/

We’ve already got people saying Trump is a Nazi, His supporters are Nazis, We’ve got to stop these Nazis. Next thing you have people turning up at protests with baseball bats.

Equating Trump or his supporters to Hitler is wrong and irresponsible

Agreed. And on a Catholic forum!

And yet Obama was.

Two wrongs don’t make it right. :shrug:

Sy, we have debated here for some time now and you know I have never equated Obama to Hitler. Was this comment just in general?

Yes

I think he meant in the past (in general).

Didn’t say they did.

Then why bring it up?

Agreed. Using the Hitler card in an argument is a sign of desperation and insecurity - it indicates that one wants to rely on emotion, shock and outrage to achieve what logic cannot.

Yup, I would agree. But I will say this, and it’s not a statement on the past two Presidents, but a critique of Christians who blindly follow their political party. If either wanted to be like Hitler, I don’t think they’d get the opposition they should from their followers. Especially their Christian followers. :frowning:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.