Zawahiri, in New Videotape, Says He Survived Airstrike

I’m glad he all of a sudden cares about the innocent. I’m sure he’ll call off all suicide bombing now. :rolleyes:
foxnews.com/story/0,2933,183222,00.html

Monday, January 30, 2006
http://www.foxnews.com/images/service_ap_36.gif
CAIRO, Egypt — Al Qaeda No. 2 Ayman al-Zawahiri** said in a videotape aired Monday that President Bush was a “butcher” and a “failure” because of a deadly U.S. airstrike targeting the bin Laden deputy.**
Al-Zawahiri, shown in the video wearing white robes and a white turban, said the Jan. 13 airstrike killed “innocents,” and he said the United States had ignored an offer from Al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden for a truce.

“Butcher of Washington, you are not only defeated and a liar, but also a failure. You are a curse on your own nation,” he said, referring to Bush. “Bush, do you know where I am? I am among the Muslim masses.”

Zawahiri: could you please give us your exact location??

Yeah. We just want to get together for a cup of coffee…maybe chat for a bit. We’ll meet you at a coffee shop around 2:00PM, but please wait for us if we don’t show up right away. :smiley:

[quote=grotto]Zawahiri: could you please give us your exact location??
[/quote]

Who is Zawahiri? I thought bin Laden and Mullah Omar were #1 and #2.

[quote=rlg94086]Yeah. We just want to get together for a cup of coffee…maybe chat for a bit. We’ll meet you at a coffee shop around 2:00PM, but please wait for us if we don’t show up right away. :smiley:
[/quote]

Wouldn’t a drive-through be a wiser thing to do? Starbucks or Tim Horton’s? :whistle:

[quote=Thekla]Who is Zawahiri? I thought bin Laden and Mullah Omar were #1 and #2.
[/quote]

He’s Osama’s right-hand man…
infoplease.com/spot/terror-qaeda.html

Leadership and Structure
Although al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden have become virtually synonymous, bin Laden does not run the organization single-handedly. His top advisor is Dr. Ayman al-Zawahiri, al-Qaeda’s theological leader and bin Laden’s probable successor. Al-Zawahiri is an Egyptian surgeon from an upper-class family. He joined the country’s Islamist movement in the late 1970s. He served three years in prison on charges connected to the assassination of Anwar Sadat, during which time he was tortured. After his release he went to Afghanistan, where he met bin Laden and became his personal physician and advisor. He was likely instrumental in bin Laden’s political evolution.

Al-Zawahiri is suspected of helping organize the 1997 massacre of 67 foreign tourists in the Egyptian town of Luxor and was indicted in connection with the bombing of U.S. embassies in Tanzania and Kenya. In 1998, he was one of five Islamic leaders to sign on to bin Laden’s declaration calling for attacks against U.S. citizens. He is wanted by the FBI and has been sentenced to death by Egypt in absentia. In March 2004 the Pakistani military began an assault on al-Qaeda troops along the Pakistan-Afghanistan border. These troops were believed to be defending al-Zawahiri, who managed to escape

Mullah Omar was the head of the Taliban.

[quote=rlg94086]He’s Osama’s right-hand man…
infoplease.com/spot/terror-qaeda.html

Mullah Omar was the head of the Taliban.
[/quote]

Got it. Thanks.

man. i wish they would have gotten him :mad:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.