Zeitgeist on Religion

Hi. A friend showed me this video which is very compelling and interesting to watch. He says it’s proof of how Christianity was totally carved out of pagan religions, reinvented, and set up as the dominant religion by the political establishment of Rome.

I want to get a Catholic’s perspective on the arguments the video makes.

youtube.com/watch?v=BNf-P_5u_Hw&feature=related part 1

youtube.com/watch?v=qc-mrJf45Hg&feature=related part 2

youtube.com/watch?v=IjAegPhQOUg&feature=related part 3

It’s compelling and interesting to watch until you compare the nutty statements with historical fact. I put it in the category with “We never really landed on the moon, it was all staged”, “A missle, not a plane struck the Pentagon”, “The grassy knoll” etc.
It’s been a while since I saw the film, but as I recall it just jumped from statement to statement (I started to say “fact to fact”, but that’s not accurate.
It’s sort of like some who post “facts” on here with no facts to back it up!:slight_smile:

<< I want to get a Catholic’s perspective on the arguments the video makes. >>

No problem, Zeitgeist is Abfall (doo doo) :rolleyes:

All About Horus: An Egyptian Copy of Christ?

Other Parallel Pagan gods

And too many “explosions.” Just cut out a few. “Which few did you have in mind, majesty?” :stuck_out_tongue:

Phil P

I thought it was a very eye-opening documentary.

What was eye-opening about it was the idea that religion in general really is “outdated”. We’re too advanced for it, but that doesn’t mean we have to throw all religions away… They still make good history-- the BEST form of history; the kind that came from the imagination of man.

As for the rest of it: Scared the **** outta me. :stuck_out_tongue:

Ironically Yours, Blade and Blood

I remember laughing pretty hard when I first saw these videos. Just ignore them.

Zeitgeist Refuted:

preventingtruthdecay.org/zeitgeistpartone.shtml

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.