Zenit website blocked?

For the last few days when I have tried to access the Zenit website [www.zenit.org]](www.zenit.org]) it has been blocked as an "attack site". I haven't touched any of the security things on my computer [don't know how] except to update the Avast anti-virus last week.

Has this happened to anyone else? Or could it just be my computer?

This is what I got on the "Why was this page blocked?" link:

**Diagnostic page for www.zenit.org

What is the current listing status for www.zenit.org?**

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 340 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 15 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-04-29, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-04-27.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including trustandgoinc.com/.

This site was hosted on 1 network(s) including AS26094 (BTP).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, [www.zenit.org](www.zenit.org) did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?**

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:**

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

I’m not sure what the problem is. :shrug:

When I clicked on the www.zenit.org link you provided, I got (I’m using the Opera browser):

Error! Could not locate remote server

When I entered zenit in Google, I got:

ZENIT - The World Seen From Rome
This site may harm your computer. (emphasis mine)
ZENIT is a news agency specializing in coverage of the Holy Father, life in the Holy See, and events of interest to the Church. Services are also available …
www.zenit.org/ - Similar

:confused:

It looks like Google considered one of the banner ads on the site to be suspicious. Here's a news item from Zenit's website:

Technical Problems With ZENIT.org

NEW YORK, APRIL 29, 2010 (Zenit.org).- Since Wednesday, some readers have encountered technical problems when accessing ZENIT's Web page.

Our technicians have verified that the problem originated with one of the publicity banners on the site that date, which contained coding that was "suspicious" for certain Google security controls.

ZENIT is already in contact with Google to resolve the problem as soon as possible. In any case, readers who have encountered the problem can be certain that the Web page cannot transmit any virus.

ZENIT regrets the inconvenience.

Thanks for checking this for me. I couldn't have read that message on the Zenit site, since I couldn't get on it at all. :confused: However, I just tried the site again and got it with no problem. I guess they have cleared up whatever it was. Thanks again.

The first link had a couple extra characters in it, which threw off my web browser too. But the other links are okay.

I guess Yellowantphil figured out what the virus warning was all about. Its a pain when good sites get accidentally blocked, but I guess a little over protection is not a bad thing.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.