Zillions of Dollars / pounds waiting to be claimed. Why no one coming forward?

There is wealth beyond imagination waiting for the alleged decendants of Jesus and St Mary Magdalene, if they would only come forward.

Can you imagine, Hollywood, the UN, books, they would be elevated to instant mega-stardom.

But sadly, they are conspicously quiet!!!

More likely they are quiet because they do not exist :stuck_out_tongue:

Has the Da Vinci Code died the death it deserves?

Last time I checked, we do not have access to the genetic makeup of Jesus, Mary Magdalene or any of their relatives. Considering this, even if one were their descendent, it would be impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

Suat posted:

Last time I checked, we do not have access to the genetic makeup of Jesus, Mary Magdalene or any of their relatives. Considering this, even if one were their descendent, it would be impossible to prove beyond a reasonable doubt.

The media does not operate on empirical evidence. :wink:

It is quite possible to put forward a case on the basis of probability. So again I say ‘the alleged descendents are conspicously quiet’. :stuck_out_tongue:

Do you really want to make the argument that the number of believers or the amount of money held by the religious organization determines the validity of the belief system?

Many people in the past have been able to convince others that he/she is the way to heaven, and to become rich in the process. Recent ones that I can think of include Joseph Smith, Jerry Farwell, Pat Robertson and José Luis de Jesús Miranda. The last one states to be both the Antichrist and Christ. All have received significant media attention will little or no evidence that their beliefs systems are correct. All have also conned thousands or millions from their money. All are believed to be false by you.

One thing that is interesting to me about the above names is that all preach that they must be believed on faith. They all claim to have seen what they preach due to direct conversations with angles or God himself, something that can never be proved or disproved. However, claiming to be the descendent of Jesus and Mary Magdalene is something that can be tested and tests will show that it is impossible to give evidence for the claim. In this case, either the media or independent journalists will attempt to test it.

Perhaps we should try though and put to rest this issue? Go out and proclaim to be the descendent of Jesus and Mary Magdalene to see what will happen. Then go out to try to start a new religion. I bet starting a new religion will be much easier and conmen generally try to take the easiest approach ;).

By the way, a simple google search (first hit) will lead you to a claimed descendent of Jesus and Mary Magdalene here, while another 2 seconds of searching will lead you to a cool test to help you determine if you are a descendent of Jesus and Mary Magdalene. Sadly, I am not :(. Well, actually I got bored with the test and stopped. I assume that means I am not a descendent.

Actually we are due for someone to make a proclamation as it has been quite some time since we last heard of someone stating they were a descendant of Jesus. :stuck_out_tongue:

In Christ - J.M.J.
Mapleoak

Zillions of dollars???.. :hmmm:

I read the link Suat and can see how there is a lot of money to be made out of creative fiction writing but still there is no one standing up to release the story :stuck_out_tongue:

Had there been a Gospel written by Christ, I rather suspect the worlds Universities: academics, theologians and professors emeritus would by now have published papers on the subject. :stuck_out_tongue:

I note the cutting edge is also conspicously quiet :wink:

I wish it has.

There may not be much talk of it. But whatever impact it had will be lasting. Think of the millions not attending Mass (Or service, if Protestant), who have been fed drivel by the media about Catholicism, and Christianity as a whole. They do not know much about their respective faiths, or those of their families, and thus easy snap up what they’re told about it - the “gossip”, hurtful talk about it. Why? Because it’s more interesting, and their lack of knowledge is their inability to counter it. And after the “hurtful talk” sinks in, they don’t want to counter it.

So for many, it solidifies their lack of faith, or lack of knowledge, though they may not talk about it.

But hey, we’re all children of God. Why do we not claim this money, and put it to good use where it belongs. Helping the poor, unfortunate, feeble bodied and minded people, and everywhere else it is needed on this earth. :slight_smile:

I was astonished to receive an email from a distressed non-Catholic Christian friend who felt her Christian foundation was being undermined by the Da Vinci Code Hoax.

It took a lot of work to convince her otherwise. Only by being able to cite the true facts, were she reclaim her faith.

So I agree the terrible damage it has done to simple folk.

Equally disturbing is an organisation [no doubt funded by the author] which offer an apologetics for his position so that if anyone challenges any arguements in the book, their followers are able to go to this source for further ‘evidence’ to support the preposterous claims. There are also quasi-religious communities that have sprung up which profess a belief in the essence of the book. Predictably they are very anti-Catholic.

I am not sure how many there are only that there is one such community in Wales UK. Maybe they are on the road to learning the truth :wink:

I guess Brown is one of the false prophets about which Christ spoke ‘who would rise up and lead many astray’ Mt 24:11

The main weapon we and the Church have against this nonsense is education. I read an article a while back which stated that a surprising number of Catholic and other Christians believe the Da Vinci Code fiction is truth. The author has been clear that it is a novel. But hey, its in a book and on the silver screen so it must be true.

Methinks that the Catholic Church as really not done a very good job teaching people and giving them what is needed to protect them from falling for this stuff. The best defense is education and information… as you post shows.

Barfarfella wrote:

The main weapon we and the Church have against this nonsense is education. I read an article a while back which stated that a surprising number of Catholic and other Christians believe the Da Vinci Code fiction is truth. The author has been clear that it is a novel. But hey, its in a book and on the silver screen so it must be true.

Methinks that the Catholic Church as really not done a very good job teaching people and giving them what is needed to protect them from falling for this stuff. The best defense is education and information… as you post show

I agree 100%.

On the other hand, my daughter who had been away from the Church for a number of years, on reading the book asked me about it. We discussed it. She also went away to find out for herself. As a result, she not only had her questions answered but also her faith reconciled.

She is now solidly back with the Lord. So too the grandchildren.
:thumbsup:

HA!! “Do you feel movement between the right and left side of the brain? That is your pineal gland activating!”

I felt a great deal of movement - mostly from my uncontrollable laughter…I suppose that didn’t help the meditation :shrug:

I agree 100%.

On the other hand, my daughter who had been away from the Church for a number of years, on reading the book asked me about it. We discussed it. She also went away to find out for herself. As a result, she not only had her questions answered but also her faith reconciled.

She is now solidly back with the Lord. So too the grandchildren.

Great to hear… the Lord does work in mysterious ways. In this case the fiction brought up the questions that needed to be answered. I can understand this.

I have a similar story in that after 9/11 I reread the Qur’an and studied the hadiths and some Shri’ah law, etc. I wanted to find out if bin Laden was misusing Islamic scripture. Doing this brought me so much closer to my Catholic faith. Actually it did the same for my husband too as we discussed and read a lot together.

I am impressed, I did not even last 30 seconds before turning it off. I had been listening to some excellent music before the test and the grating of the man’s voice compared to that was agony.

Barfarfella wrote:

Great to hear… the Lord does work in mysterious ways. In this case the fiction brought up the questions that needed to be answered. I can understand this.

I have a similar story in that after 9/11 I reread the Qur’an and studied the hadiths and some Shri’ah law, etc. I wanted to find out if bin Laden was misusing Islamic scripture. Doing this brought me so much closer to my Catholic faith. Actually it did the same for my husband too as we discussed and read a lot together.

That is fantastic news too! :thumbsup:

I’m curious… I listened to the entire thing. We’ll see now if I have all kinds of new powers and knowledge. :hypno:

What is most amazing is that some people might actually believe it. Maybe the people who run that web site actually believe it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.