Zionism

The author of www.scripturecatholic.com has openly stated that Zionism is anti-Catholic.

Yet I believe in Zionism (I am returning to the Church from Evangelicalism) does this stand opposed to the Catholic Faith?

I also want to know if there will be a mass conversion of Jews to Christ in the future??

What does the Church teach???

The Church teaches a Mass conversion of the Jews prior to Christ’s return, the Church doesn’t teach typical dispensationalist view of eschatology far from it, but they teach a mass conversion of the Jews, they get angry at this but it’s what the Church teaches.

Zionism is a political movement and frankly I don’t know the Churches stance on it, I will say that article is confusing dispensationalists with zionists though.

That was most refreshing! Thank you :smiley:

Zionism is in fact bibical.

see Jeremiah 23:7-8
Therefore behold the days are comming says the Lord that they shall no longer say 'As the Lord lives who brought up the children of Israel from the land of egypt , but as the Lord lives who brought up and led the desendants of the house of israel from the north country and from all the countries where i had driven them , And they shall dwell in their own land

Zionism is this verse in action before our eyes.

Also read the 31th chapter of Jeremiah
and you will discover it could be part of a 20th century history book.

Zionism originated as a political movement. It is and has been hotly debated among rabbis and Jewish religious leaders. One American rabbi closely associated with promotion of Zionism and establishment of the State of Israel is Rabbi David Silver of Cleveland. He was vociferously opposed by other rabbis in Cleveland and elsewhere. Many orthodox Jews believe the return to Zion prophesied in Jeremiah and elsewhere in the bible refers either to the return after the Babylonian exile, or to events in the Messianic age to come, a time that will be chosen only by God, not known to mankind, and cannot be hurried or instigated by human actions, political, military or otherwise. This was the debate in Jesus’ day among Jewish leaders, during the height of Zionism in the 20th century, and is still a cause of debate and division among religious observant Jews.

I don’t know anything about the website or its moderator, it takes forever to load, and the link to John Salza just won’t come up, neither will the article on zionism, so I cannot comment on its orthodoxy. It appears to be a private site, like this one, so the burden of proof is on the writer of the article to show support in Catholic teaching, as do the authors who write for this site.
The Catholic Church has no official stance one way or the other, other than to finally establish diplomatic relations with the State of Israel, and its various papal pronouncements on Jewish-Christian relations.

The mass conversion of Jews is one of the events of the"end times" . It refers to the 144,000 of the book of Revelations
the 144,000 will be Jewish. 12,000 from each of the 12 tribes of Israel

The Prophesies should be read critically and objectively. The Prophesies have also Spiritual and Symbolic meanings , and can be totally opposite to the political, dominant, materialistic visions.
I think what the people call ‘’The Christian Zionism’’- contradicts the Christian teaching , Christian strategy, it is a destructive eschatological view morally , and contradicts to all Moral abilities of the Christian God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.