Zoophilia in Germany

Check out the link from NYtimes.

nytimes.com/2013/02/02/world/europe/german-legislators-vote-to-outlaw-bestiality.html?_r=0

So...this is happening. Its interesting that the article claims the debate has to do with animal rights (sound familiar?) rather than sexual morals.

The Land of Luther…

...... and Hitler....

... worst part, it was legal!

:eek:

[quote="The_Serpent, post:2, topic:334361"]
The Land of Luther....

...... and Hitler....

[/quote]

Really good points.

Excuse me while I go...uurrppp!

[quote="The_Serpent, post:2, topic:334361"]
The Land of Luther....

...... and Hitler....

[/quote]

It wasn't illegal - very different entirely.
The land of Bach, Mozart and Beethoven too.

[quote="boomerang, post:4, topic:334361"]
Excuse me while I go...uurrppp!

[/quote]

Just wait till the make it to our country and start fighting for their rights. They've made it into a civil rights issue over there. Take God out of the equation and come up with secular argument. Disease? I'll get vaccinated and use condoms. Don't have to worry about pregnancy, two different species. I see this as potentially parallel to the gay rights thing going on. It is the attempt to justify an immoral lifestyle by making it a civil rights issue. If you think that it can't happen, well just look what's happening oversees. Fifty years ago if you had told the average person that gay's would be legally married in the future, they'd never have believed it. Gay marriage, what's next? Incest? Well, we have the contraceptive element under control so we don't have to worry about retarded babies. What then, polygamy? Bestiality?

Many people don't think any of this could ever happen. But it can. And is.

[quote="triumphguy, post:5, topic:334361"]
The land of Bach, Mozart and Beethoven too.

[/quote]

No. Mozart was from Salzburg which was at that time part of Austria. Beethoven moved to Austria in his early twenties as well. You are right that Bach was from Germany, which at that time was no more than a variety of city states. Bach specifically was from Thuringia. Not part of Prussia (the main area of German culture). (My master's degree is in Music History and Literature.) :D

[quote="eyesopening, post:7, topic:334361"]
No. Mozart was from Salzburg which was at that time part of Austria. Beethoven moved to Austria in his early twenties as well. You are right that Bach was from Germany, which at that time was no more than a variety of city states. Bach specifically was from Thuringia. Not part of Prussia (the main area of German culture). (My master's degree is in Music History and Literature.) :D

[/quote]

Meh - Hitler was Austrian and Germany didn't exist when Luther broke from the church.

... my point stands.

[quote="triumphguy, post:8, topic:334361"]
Meh - Hitler was Austrian and Germany didn't exist when Luther broke from the church.

... my point stands.

[/quote]

What exactly is your point? You never really made one. You're just throwing out smug outbursts.

Sorry, guys. I just have to throw this one out there

Does this mean the stripper can not longer bring their tigers and snakes onto the stage, but people can still watch strippers????:rolleyes:

[quote="Anglewannabe, post:10, topic:334361"]
Sorry, guys. I just have to throw this one out there

Does this mean the stripper can not longer bring their tigers and snakes onto the stage, but people can still watch strippers????:rolleyes:

[/quote]

Lol. If this is a serious question: the strippers can still bring their animals on stage, but cannot "interact" with them. By "interact" I mean...

[quote="eyesopening, post:9, topic:334361"]
What exactly is your point? You never really made one. You're just throwing out smug outbursts.

[/quote]

Sorry - IMHO your response was smug.:shrug:

My response has to do with the fact that the German people are responsible for some of the finest art known to man, and to colour a people based on this article and to leap immediately to Hitler and Luther is very small-minded.

Perhaps, having a Masters degree you might have intuited that.:shrug:

[quote="eyesopening, post:11, topic:334361"]
Lol. If this is a serious question: the strippers can still bring their animals on stage, but cannot "interact" with them. By "interact" I mean...

[/quote]

Of course it was not serious, it was just showing the whole ridiculousness of it all. But the questions still needed to be asked 'how much rights are we giving these animals':p

There's a sub-text in this thread that I'm missing. Obviously, sex with non-human animals is wrong: it's a mortal sin. There seems to be some ridiculing of animal rights. I don't understand why folks would think it wrong to protect animals from cruelty?

[quote="Bergon, post:14, topic:334361"]
There's a sub-text in this thread that I'm missing. Obviously, sex with non-human animals is wrong: it's a mortal sin. There seems to be some ridiculing of animal rights. I don't understand why folks would think it wrong to protect animals from cruelty?

[/quote]

I believe the zoophilia issue was part of a much broader piece of legislation aimed at the way animals are treated.

[quote="Anglewannabe, post:13, topic:334361"]
Of course it was not serious, it was just showing the whole ridiculousness of it all. But the questions still needed to be asked 'how much rights are we giving these animals':p

[/quote]

An insult to animals to refer to these human sickos as animals.

[quote="eyesopening, post:1, topic:334361"]
Check out the link from NYtimes.

nytimes.com/2013/02/02/world/europe/german-legislators-vote-to-outlaw-bestiality.html?_r=0

So...this is happening. Its interesting that the article claims the debate has to do with animal rights (sound familiar?) rather than sexual morals.

[/quote]

It should be about both. You seem more concerned about animal rights than about how abhorrent and sick such behaviour is.

[quote="Bergon, post:14, topic:334361"]

[/quote]

I wasn't referring to the German legislation. In some posts on this thread I thought I'd read something between the lines. May be the something wasn't there. The something was I thought some had no time for those against animal cruelty

[quote="severus68, post:17, topic:334361"]
It should be about both. You seem more concerned about animal rights than about how abhorrent and sick such behaviour is.

[/quote]

No my point was that the legislators in Germany are more concerned bout animal rights than about how abhorrent and sick this behavior is. Just like here in America legislators are more concerned about gay "rights" than about the immorality of the behavior. I was trying to draw a parallel between the two.

Bestiality is of course gravely immoral (and frankly gross.) And I frankly could care less about animal rights in this situation. (obviously I don't agree with hurting animals.)

[quote="triumphguy, post:12, topic:334361"]
Sorry - IMHO your response was smug.:shrug:

My response has to do with the fact that the German people are responsible for some of the finest art known to man, and to colour a people based on this article and to leap immediately to Hitler and Luther is very small-minded.

Perhaps, having a Masters degree you might have intuited that.:shrug:

[/quote]

Nobody is painting the German people any color, thank you. I happen to be a big fan of German art and culture, even to the point of learning a bit of the language myself.

However there is no denying that SOME German people are also responsible for some of the greatest atrocities in history. I don't need a Master's degree to realize that.

Also, I shouldn't be surprised at your attitude. I've noticed it in your posts against lots of other people too. You are honestly one of the rudest people on the forum.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.